PDA

View Full Version : Tank Delivery

eternitybc
02-28-2019, 04:16 AM
So I'm in the process of ordering a 12 foot long 450 gallon tank which I figure will come in at around 1200 pounds. What do people normally do to get the tank from the Delivery trunk into the house? I could see asking friends but trying to get 8-10 of them here all at the right time seems impossible. Not to mention I don't want them to drop the bloody thing. Are there services you can pay to do this?

gregzz4
02-28-2019, 04:54 AM
If I were in your shoes, I'd hire a professional moving company.
I'd give them all the details of what they are dealing with, including it being glass, and I'd purchase insurance outside of what the moving company provides.
I'd make sure the insurance covers the tank and the movers outside/inside my house.

Ace Storman
02-28-2019, 09:00 AM
and I would go to your local rental shop and rent the proper suction cup holders for glass. (4-6 pairs, depending how many people you need for the move).
You don't want to be tempted with the Princess Auto specials...:whoo:

eternitybc
02-28-2019, 11:01 PM
I will start looking for a moving company and see what they say. Good idea on the insurance.
Has anyone taken this avenue and can recommend someone? :biggrin:

Bblinks
03-01-2019, 06:39 PM
So I'm in the process of ordering a 12 foot long 450 gallon tank which I figure will come in at around 1200 pounds. What do people normally do to get the tank from the Delivery trunk into the house? I could see asking friends but trying to get 8-10 of them here all at the right time seems impossible. Not to mention I don't want them to drop the bloody thing. Are there services you can pay to do this?

We just did a 10 footer with a trailer....UHaul i would say. you will need suction cups to move it and hopefully its ground floor...