PDA

View Full Version : lighting questions for a 3ft tank

Amadod2
02-24-2019, 06:31 AM
so i'm thinking of doing a new tank, possible something like the red sea 250 reefer, my question is can i get away using 3 Ai primes or one hydra 26 on it? the plan is to have a mixed tank nothing crazy just a few sps just a few basic ones and some lps. My original plan was to do a 60g cube with 1 hydra 26

DKoKoMan
02-24-2019, 06:34 AM
I know more units may help with shading and you can space the different lenses to suit your needs vs. the larger single unit. Things you need to consider more with sps, so you maybe just want the aesthetics of a single larger light.

Skimmer Juice
02-24-2019, 08:24 AM
or you could do one of those aquatic life hybrid t5 / led fixture with 2 primes .
One of my lfs has a hydra 26 with 4 sunblaster t5's (single t5 strips ) 2 on the front and 2 on the back with the hydra in the middle . Gives you color of led and some kick with the t5's , you could even do just 2 sunblasters just for shadowing .

I currently run a kessil ap700 with a single reefbrite t5 on front and back with blue+ ati bulbs . Favorite lighting combo I have found .

Millepora_Maniac
02-25-2019, 05:40 PM
Find a used 6 or four bulb t5, load it with good bulbs and then get a strip of blue LED's from Marshalls Crazy corals in aldergrove. These things kick serious ass... load the t5 with purples and blue/whites, serious colouration!