PDA

View Full Version : Water Flow is Redsea Nano 20gal

r212019
02-20-2019, 09:36 PM
So I've recently purchased a Redsea Nano Reefer and I love the tank but I need some help. I current have a Jebao SW 2 nano power head in the back left corner face straight ahead. Is facing the powerhead straight the best placement for flow? Should I be adding a 2nd power head on the other side of the over flow as well? In a cube shaped tank, is it best for the water to rock back and forth or should it be swirling in more of a circle? any input how how to position the power head would be much appreciated. should the power face towards the middle, top or slightly down towards the sand? i have Bahama sand so any sort of flows would blow it all over the place.

i'm using a Eheim compactON 1000 for my return pump in the sump, is this strong enough?

im looking at having mostly lps, zoas and softies. I might bet a few sps down the road but thats not my main goal. I currently have a couple clowns and inverts. I'm running an AI Prime HD.

smokinreefer
02-26-2019, 08:53 PM
There isn't really a perfect recipe for this.

You basically need to eliminate dead spots and have some surface turbulence.

It's kind of hard to visualize your set up. Could you post up a pic?

As you get into it more, you can kinda look at your tank, the water movement and the corals health/appearance and be able to tell if you need to make adjustments