PDA

View Full Version : Tunze turbelle on the market

Willito
12-21-2004, 07:46 PM
I am considering the Tunze with multiple controllers and I am not too sure what's new or current on the market. Looking at J&L's website I do see a bunch of models available, but they are so confusing :confused:

If anyone could, please set me in the right direction. I guess I need to know what controller is good with what pump?

Also where is the cheapest place to for Tunze?
:biggrin:

Delphinus
12-21-2004, 07:59 PM
There are two versions of streams, those that are speed controllable and those that are not. The controllable ones (6000, 6100, 6200) can be used with any of the Tunze controllers (single or multi). There's a new multicontroller coming out (I don't know if it's available yet), the 7095, which has a few new whiz-bang features. It's not listed on J&L's website but it is listed at premiumaquatics.com (but as "0 currently available").

Willito
12-21-2004, 09:00 PM
Excellent, thanks Tony. Do you have Tunze for yourself?

Delphinus
12-21-2004, 10:12 PM
No, I'd like to save up for a pair though and a multicontroller.

I tried a 6100 about a year and a half ago on my 75g but at the time it was actually not a good fit for my tank, owing to how short my tank is and how tall my reef structure is. I would say you need some clear open area, either on top or on the area nearest the stream for it to properly "fan out". If you have that open space however, then I think they are a good way to move water.

I have two complaints, one they're huge (outboard motor huge), and two they're ridiculously expensive. However, they use very little electricity so that's good, and they do put out a nice fan shaped flow.

Canadian Man has a pair in his tank, although I'm not certain what model they are.

Canadian Man
12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
I'm running a 6080 (not controlled) on the left side of the tank and a 6100 (controlled) on the right side of the tank.

Very nice pieces.

Very expensive pieces = ****ed off spouse(if applicalbe).

Very worth it though. I get 6000 ish gallons per hour for something like 50 watt's of electricity from those two items where as my single return pump which is a little giant is something like 120w of elec and put's out 1200gph.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

Cheers

Aquattro
12-22-2004, 12:56 AM
I'm running a 6080 (not controlled) on the left side of the tank and a 6100 (controlled) on the right side of the tank.

Very nice pieces.

Very expensive pieces = ****ed off spouse(if applicalbe).

Very worth it though.

Same here. A great purchase, if you can sneak it past the spouse!

Canadian Man
12-22-2004, 01:12 AM
I guess ****ed may not be the right word because Katie didn't really care. It was more like how can that little thing cost $500 :eek:

Willito
12-22-2004, 01:18 AM

Hey Jon, is your 6100 on a single controller?

Canadian Man
12-22-2004, 01:29 AM
Yes it's a single controller.

Jaws
12-22-2004, 01:49 AM
I guess ****ed may not be the right word because Katie didn't really care. It was more like how can that little thing cost $500 :eek:

They never say that when you hand them an engagement ring.

Willito
12-22-2004, 02:18 AM
Is the physical size of each pump different from one model to the next, or are they all the same size?

Delphinus
12-22-2004, 05:11 AM
They are slightly different. You can find the dimensions on the Tunze website:
http://www.tunze.com/usa/index.html?lang=en-gb

You can kinda tell it's a German site translated into English but if you navigate around you'll eventually hit upon the Stream models and dimensions.

Interestingly you can't find any info on the soon-to-be-released products but if you surf through the MO vendors like premiumaquatics you can get a general gyst of the features.

Ken
12-22-2004, 05:59 AM
Hi. I have the TS24 kit tunze in my 500 gallon reef, included is the multicontroller, photocell, and capability to operate more tunze stream if needed. This kit pushes around 3175 gph each stream. Recently one of the stream impeller broke and cause the alarm to go off. Too late, the damage was done already though. Fortunately I have a backup like everything else. I am very happy with the tunze TS24 except the cost. Regards Ken

Jaws
12-22-2004, 06:14 AM
Got any pictures of that tank Ken? We'd all love to see it.

Ken
12-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Hi Jaws, sorry for no pictures. My computer skill lacks in how to picture. But eventually I will get someone to do it for me. If you are ever coming up north of the island let me know, because I spend alot of time in the fish room. You are welcome to view it live, nothing fancy, just the typical reef. Oh by the way, the reason why the impeller broke, is probably due to my fault. They were never serviced since new 2 years ago. The coralline encased the entire pump. Another TS24 kit will also be added eventually when I get around to it. Regards Ken