PDA

View Full Version : quiet pumps to use

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 07:40 PM
I was doing a deal with Harvey with his SS to trade for my reactor. Now the problem that I have Is the brace that i'm using may work and may not. :frown: Now if i go with the 2 xSS i need to run a pump to use them. A 3MD Pressure.

if i can't use them i will go with a Hagen 800 PH for a slow flow. Now if i get the SS inwhich i want to i will have to run a 3MD its a bit loud and the tank being in the Dining room will be a bit loud. I could insulate the stand in the sump for the pump ,but my wife think the 3.5 " fanthat i have running are a bit loud not really but she is the boss.

Id there a pump out there that i could use that is dead silence. I'm thinking of a T-4 i think. Harvey told me a T-4 is very quiet. now ihere is the other question who has one for sale...... :mrgreen:

Mike

Doug
12-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Mike, I moved it to the reef forum for you. Better thread for there.

I have read that the direct drive pumps are pretty quiet and efficient. However, more expensive and the seals need to be watched. I also dont believe they are pressure rated either, but will defer to someone more experienced with them.

I still have the Mak 4 sitting on the shelf. :smile:

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 11:00 PM
will keep ya informed will talk on the phone tonight ok
have to go to Danielle's X-mas concert then off to work on my stand...

Mike