PDA

View Full Version : MY 62 gal tank the new making

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 02:35 AM
After much discussion and being away from the hobby for over a year. i'm starting up a new tank. And after having a 120 SW complete setup that i started up $4500 after.

Then i was suppose to be tranfered out and sold all the stuff. And then i wasnt going and then i got a 280 gal setup to make as a FRESH WATER..... YA YA YA I KNOW FW Then i bugged the wife to let me have a SW tank FOWLR. And the fun began and then it turned into a REEF tank.

then after a about 6-7 months i had to take it down due to the damp air in the house and my son's health was bother him and so i down graded to a 75 gal tank sumpless. built the tnak and had a hoot making it running a SPS and LPS and softy tank. looked amazing \.

Then all hell broke lose. Me and my wife got separated and i took all the stuff out and gave it to my dear FRIEND DOUG LOWEY.. All the SPS, LPS,snails INverts ,you name it he got it.

Biut i said i would never get rid of my stuff i kept everything heaters, PH'S, Food ,pumps, lights, and the FIJO ROCK was put into my rubbermaid tubs and kept to dry out.

I know the live rock dead, so for 9 months the stuff laid them motionless.

until We got back to gether and life started all over, She tols me that when i came home i couldnt setup up the 280 again ....DEAL
Then i started to get my life back in order and stared at the reef stuff again. And here I'am today on DEc 17 04
Exactly 1 yr ago to the date that i started my 75 gal so fols here we go...

MY THREAD OF MY 62 GAL TANK WITH A 55gal sump
36x20x20 tank
3/8' glass drilled with a 2" hole to accomadate a 1.5" bulkhead
1x250 MH cool touch ballast with PFO reflector, \
Sun aqautics 20K bulb,
Ice capp 660 ballast with 2x36" VHO Super actinics
2" Sand bed
mak 4 return or a 3Md return.
Prism pro deluxe skimmer.
80lbs of born again FIJI rock and some home made rock for base.

Here is the tank and stand that i did on paint

Will get some pictures started tonight on the tank building .
WISH ME LUCK

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 02:36 AM
Well an update on the lighting for the actinics I will be buying the T-5's for the supplment lighting with the 20K bulb. i already have the IC so what the heck and its a lower watts.

i was going to run 36" NO on 40 w hagen glow matt. Or it would be a vho on a IC ballast

mike

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Well made a trip to the big city of Winnipeg and picked up a few items before startign up the tank . at Jayson's

T-5 lighting
and a few bulkheads. Was suppose to start the tank yesterday ,but didnt happen and today got back from town and now another DELAY!!!!! I hope we can build the tank tomorrow and start the stand too..

Well i have come up with a better solution to vent the tank. I will be running 2 3" fans one in and one out the out one will be hooked to a vent to outside to suck out the air. and i have the window in the bathroom always open about 1" to give some fresh air in to the house.

Will have some pictures tomorrow i hope

Mike

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 02:37 AM
Well i have the tank made looking pretty sharp. Oh heck i forgot to get pictures.. will get some tomorrow night.

mike

littlesilvermax
12-20-2004, 03:15 PM
You keep saying pics, but no pics.

Make sure you give me a call next time you come in the city.

muck
12-20-2004, 03:21 PM
Hey Mike,

Howd you get that tank built in under a minute..?? :eek:

Skimmerking
12-20-2004, 05:42 PM
good one Ryan > I had the post on Reef central and moved it over to here I totally forgot about putting it here in our forum...

silly old me

:lol:

Mike

Building the stand tonight just got back from home depot and picked up some piano hinges and some euro hinges for the stand and 3/4" MDF wood. Man its that ever heavy.... :confused:

muck
12-20-2004, 05:46 PM
good one Ryan > I had the post on Reef central and moved it over to here I totally forgot about putting it here in our forum...

silly old me

:lol:

Mike

Aaaahhh... that makes more sense. :mrgreen:

Skimmerking
12-22-2004, 03:23 AM
Finally here it is :mrgreen:

http://mypics.mts.ca/share.jsp?invite=IEfr4B2IYk7tUknz0atU

Skimmerking
12-22-2004, 03:25 AM
another one

http://mypics.mts.ca/share.jsp?invite=DEOr4L2BYk7QDknzkUYh

me and the tank and stand

Skimmerking
12-22-2004, 03:26 AM
http://mypics.mts.ca/share.jsp?invite=gENr4m2wYk7Or7Bh0UQL

Skimmerking
12-22-2004, 03:27 AM
http://mypics.mts.ca/share.jsp?invite=KEbr4F2AYk7sW7s7oQU0

Skimmerking
01-08-2005, 10:34 PM
Well the pictures are in my gallery of the tank finally

mike

Shy_Koi
01-08-2005, 10:47 PM
It's looking good Mike! :biggrin:

~Tamara

BCOrchidGuy
03-09-2005, 03:49 PM
Looks great Mike, what did you think of working with the MDF? I've got a project I'm planning and I was thinking of using MDF but was worried about sealing it etc.
Sorry about the split up I went through the same thing but damn if I wasn't goofy enough to get rid of everything now I have to start from scratch and man money sure isn't worth much now it seems.
Hope your son's health is good and I hope you're as happy as I am now (got a g/f and she rocks).

Doug

Skimmerking
03-10-2005, 02:00 PM
MDF is awesome to work with a little dusty, but hey it paints and cuts really good. and if made right . you don't need a center brace for the stand. Let me know what type of tank stand and how you are going to set it up i have alot if idea's on how to construct a stand.

mike