PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest in FW stuff

Richer
12-20-2004, 01:30 AM
I've been thinking about tearing down my old 70 gallon plant tank for quite awhile... with all the things that have been happening lately, I don't have the time to keep up with nutrient dosing, trimming plants, etc. If I get enough interest generated I will be happy to take this tank down.

If I do tear this tank down, I will have a few things available for sale:

2 golden loaches (great for snail elimination)
3 congo tetras (2 males, 1 female)
4-5 Black skirt tetras (I think one died)
unknown number of neons (I had 2 dozen but over the years the population has been reduced... to maybe one neon now :lol: )
3 Siamese algae eaters
Unknown number of otocinlus' (I had a dozen in there, but they may have died off... I do on occassion see one or two at night)
1 Clown Pleco (maybe. Again I rarely see this fish)

The tank is densely planted with a variety of stem plants, crypts, and anubias plants plus a couple pieces of driftwood. The anubias plants will probably carry a premium price on them, since they were expensive when I got them and are slower growing... the others I'll probably let go for "a buck a dozen". Driftwood I may keep, but am willing to let go for the right price. I also have several pounds of plant substrate I would also like to sell. This stuff is rich in organic material and iron... great for a starter plant tank.

The tank itself I'm open to offers. It is an undrilled 70 gallon Hagen tank with standard trim. No center braces, and it comes with a sliding glass lid. The stand is something my father and I put together... not the greatest looking thing but it holds the tank up. I had to put a hole in one of the built in shelves so that I could fit in my Eheim canister. A sump won't fit into this stand without heavy modification. Once again I would be opened to offers.

The light system is a 4x55watt PC kit I got off of www.ahsupply.com . It consists of 2 PC ballasts, each capable of powering 2x55watt pc bulbs. It also comes with 4 ahsupply reflectors... some of the best PC reflectors on the market and four 55 watt 6700k PC bulbs. Catch is, the bulbs are about 3 years old and quite dim now. I have the whole thing rigged up into a light holder that I made out of spare lumber and painted black. It looks quite good in comparision to the other things that I've diyed.

I also have a couple of canisters that I may put up for sale. An Eheim 2026 Professional and a Fluval 404. Both have been working quite well since I set this tank up.

Thanks for reading
-Rich

trilinearmipmap
12-20-2004, 02:07 AM
Good luck catching the oto's.

By the way for those who don't know the AH supply lighting systems and the Eheim canister filter are both top-of-the line equipment for anyone starting up a plant tank. Exactly what I have on my 75g tank.

rodsboys
12-20-2004, 02:37 AM
PM sent.

Richer
12-20-2004, 04:12 AM
Oops, I made a mistake... the tank is actually 65 gallons (48"x16"x20" lxwxh) :redface:

There have been some requests for pictures:

The popcan is there for size comparison.

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Freshwater/Plantshot1.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Freshwater/Plantshot2.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Freshwater/Hood1.jpg

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/metroopt/Aquarium/Freshwater/Stand1.jpg

As I said before, just about everything there is for sale... except the CO2 tank, that I'm keeping. Before I sell the equipment I want to make sure that the livestock have a nice place to live... I really don't want to trade them into a petstore.

-Rich

Cap'n
12-20-2004, 06:12 AM
I am interested in a canister and or other filters and some plants. Can you give me some more detailed costs?

StirCrazy
12-20-2004, 07:19 AM
If I was still in Edmonton I would be over there in a heartbeat. :cry:

Steve

Tarolisol
12-20-2004, 07:36 AM
I would take lots of plants but alas i am in calgary :lol:

Richer
12-20-2004, 01:49 PM
Seems like I've generated enough interest to get some pricing going:

65 gallon tank: 120 dollars
Stand: 150 dollars
Eheim 2026 Pro canister w/ seeded media: 200 dollars
Fluval 404 canister w/ seeded media: 75 dollars
Light hood w/ ballasts, reflectors and 3yr old 55watt 6700k pc bulbs: 110 dollars
EBO Jager heater: 20 dollars
Tronic Heater: 15 dollars
Flourite plant substrate: 1 dollar/lbs
Stem and crypt plants: "A dollar a dozen"
Anubias plants: 5 bucks each, discounted if you buy the whole piece of driftwood they're attached to
Fish: Give me an offer

For everything w/o livestock and substrate, I'd like 625 dollars. With livestock and substrate, 700 dollars. All prices are negotiable.

-Rich

4ptbuck
12-20-2004, 05:12 PM
Any chance you'd ship some of your plants?
I'd be really interested in any other than the anubias as I have alot of that already.
Ziplock bag, wet towels and a mailer tube can't be too expensive to mail.

If so, I'd take a whole container full to stock my 150g.

muck
12-20-2004, 05:27 PM
Any chance you'd ship some of your plants?
I'd be really interested in any other than the anubias as I have alot of that already.
Ziplock bag, wet towels and a mailer tube can't be too expensive to mail.

If so, I'd take a whole container full to stock my 150g.
Insert a stick on one end and you will have a delicious icepop treat when it gets to your mailbox... :razz:

Richer
12-20-2004, 05:32 PM
Ryan has a really good point. If it was during warmer weather I might consider doing it, but in the middle of winter up here? I'd rather not.

No takers on the plants? Anubias is quite hardy, would work great in cichlid tanks and low light situations!

-Rich

muck
12-20-2004, 05:43 PM
Where are you located anyways 4ptbuck?

4ptbuck
12-20-2004, 08:57 PM
Hmm.. I filled in my profile,...

Located in Richmond BC.

Never thought about the ice treat I'd be buying.

Cap'n
12-21-2004, 06:33 AM
Whoops! Edmonton, eh? Have to tone down my interest level...

sorry

Dabbler
12-21-2004, 03:19 PM
I might be looking for some plants Rich I 'll contact you after christmas when I have some time