PDA

View Full Version : frags for sale.. trade if interesting.

DJ88
01-14-2002, 09:15 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/montipora/pictures/frags2.jpg

Purple, Green and Tan digitata. All fragged ready to trade or sell. Most are fairly small as they happened when working in the tank. One large green montipora and one large Tan. Unless Victor still wants it. $20 for the 2 big ones and $5 or less for the smaller montip frags. Am clearing out my extras for the new tank.

DJ88
01-15-2002, 07:59 PM
^

FYI the large monti's are not in this picture. those are the small ones going for $5 or less depending on the frag.

Delphinus
01-15-2002, 08:09 PM
$5 for a frag?!

...... sigh .......

Too bad it'd cost $30-50 to put that $5 frag on a plane bound for Calgary. Dang, I live in the wrongggggggg city.

images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DJ88
01-15-2002, 08:26 PM
Tony, I have been talking to another reefer here and we are thinking about trying an idea that has been used down south.

When it warms up we are going to get our hands on a bunch of film containers seal a frag inside and send it overnight with canada post and see what happens.

If it does work I'd like to try it for longer distances. Say east coast.

interested?

Gordoe
01-15-2002, 10:12 PM
i've traded frags through Canada Post, As long as you are shipping between major centers it works... sometimes

You can expect that it will be in transit for 24hrs..

If you're shipping between BC and Alberta use Greyhound.. quick and cheap..

DJ88
01-15-2002, 10:30 PM
Thanks for the idea Gord.

images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Delphinus
01-16-2002, 01:50 AM
Oooh, definitely interested, only thing is, will have to wait until the better weather ... what's that saying about the 4 seasons in the prairies: almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.... images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

For what it is worth ... I just priority'd a package via Canada Post Calgary to Winnipeg .. I dropped off the box at the post office at about 3, and it got there before noon the next day. Well, I guess that's "almost" 24 hours, just a little under.

Another idea, but it's probably as expensive as putting the frag on a plane: Fedex has guaranteed morning delivery, and I beleive you can drop off at a Fedex depot until 10pm at night (I could be wrong). That's actually about a 12 hour transit time, which is pretty good! But I have no idea what the cost would be like, I bet it's pretty pricey for a single frag kind of thing....

DJ88
01-16-2002, 02:00 AM
Well we shall look into it Tony.. I know my montipora grows like a weed as does a lot of others.. so we shall try when your "construction" season starts.. images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

DJ88
01-17-2002, 01:14 AM
sold.