PDA

View Full Version : Chloroquine phosphate

squamishbc
09-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Anyone in LM know where to get Chloroquine phosphate? I have called our vets and a few others and all have said no, not willing to even consider it.

I am trying to avoid copper with a puffer if I can, hypo seemed to have worked at first, but within 2 weeks back to normal salinity the ich has come back and he is lethargic again, still eating however.

Consensus on US forums is Chloroquine phosphate is preferred treatment.

Or know of any aquatic vets? I know there is one in Maple Ridge but they are not accepting new patients.

kyl
09-21-2018, 08:08 PM
I tried over 30 vets in the gvrd, even with someone on the FB groups working at a vet, and none of them would write a script for it unless I paid for a home visit so they could see the fish in person.

If using copper pick up the Hanna HR copper checker, it's basically foolproof to keep at theraputic (use chelated, so 1.75ppm). Hypo has been shown ineffective with one strain of ich, so it may not be bulletproof.

Tank transfer method would also work if it's only ich and not velvet.

** Apparently they can lose their accreditation with the vet associations if writing a script sight-unseen, that's why they won't do it. - Edited

chooch
09-21-2018, 10:54 PM
I was skeptical but I saved 1 of 2 clowns from brook with NLS Ick Shield Powder. Treated for 30 days. That was 9 months ago and the clown that made is still kicking. I now use it for quarantine as well.

I looked through the MSDS and it contains some form of CP.

gregzz4
09-22-2018, 05:26 PM
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chloroquine-Phosphate-Treats-marine-ich-velvet-brook-AQUARIUM-USE-ONLY-/231636780028