PDA

View Full Version : Question on Mushrooms

Nemo
12-16-2004, 02:50 AM
I have a group of assorted mushrooms, the rock is very cluttered, is it possible to remove mushrooms and place them on other rocks?

If it is possible can some one please provide me with the procedure, in detail.

Thanks

Robert

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-16-2004, 03:14 AM
Difficult but possible. Sometimes, if you are patient, you can pile LR rubble against the mushroom rock so that the mushrooms will be forced to expand against the new rocks. They will then sometimes move over on their own. I've also (unintentionally) been able to remove mushrooms if the rock was turned away from the light so they weren't happy with their position. They then became loose & either fell to the gravel/sand bed or were loose enough to gently peel off. Neither are guaranteed techniques, just things that happened in my experience.

By the way, what type of mushrooms?

Nemo
12-16-2004, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the response. I am not sure on the type but most are green with a little red and some are white

Robert

snaggle
12-16-2004, 05:38 AM
you can also break off a small peace of rock if needed. but if it is too full :confused:

Rikko
12-16-2004, 07:32 AM
I hate to post this as it's rather stressful on the mushrooms, but there is another way as well that I've seen pretty good success rates with. If you lift the mushroom rock out of water and use a small tool (flat head screwdriver is ideal), you can gently pry the foot from the rock and the mushroom will come free. It's almost guaranteed to damage the foot, but I've never seen a mushroom die from it (then again, maybe when I've seen it done the person had a very gentle touch) - sometimes the stress is enough to induce the mushroom to reproduce as well.
Proceed with caution, but it does work.

Old Guy
12-16-2004, 11:57 AM
One day you may regret wanting to make them spread. They eventually will take over your tank.