PDA

View Full Version : alk test

reefnut
12-15-2004, 10:00 PM
havent been testing this so i picked up saliferts kit.I know that natural seawater is 8 dkh and that a exceptable range is 8-10dkh.my first test was9.6.ive been having troubles with my corals and thought for sure it was alk.what are all you reefers keeping yours at?i also did a 25 percent wc last night and am wondering how much change in my dkh ill see until my next change (about two weeks)?while im on the subject my water is always cloudy for a couple hours after water changes is this normal?
Thanks for the help.

ree-fready
12-16-2004, 03:46 AM
I like my alk in the 12 range. Are you using a buffer between water changes? What kind of salt are you using because some salt does cloud? How long do you age you new water for before adding to your tank?

digitalsteve
12-16-2004, 05:25 AM
i am getting the cloudy thing too , i am using IO and then my buffer and i get cloudy water no matter what i do for at least a day or so ... is there a way to get around this or is it just something i have to live with .. could it be a faulty batch of salt... ph is right and so is sg so i dont think this is the case but with my luck you never know. lol :confused:

snaggle
12-16-2004, 05:41 AM
I get the cloudy water some times from stuff geting tosed up in my sump when I add it.