PDA

View Full Version : quasi-pet/tank sitters in town?

michika
12-15-2004, 06:14 PM
I'm trying to find a pet sitter for the X-mas weekend. I've been calling around since November and finally found someone who just called to tell me that they are backing out, because of the amount and types of pets I have.

Anyone have any good experience with pet sitters who aren't afraid of exotic pets or SW tanks? Who also don't want $60+ to come in only a couple times and put pre-portioned food into dishes or a tank...

Richer
12-15-2004, 06:27 PM
The SW part I'm sure most of us could handle, but the "exotic" part? Maybe you need to be a little bit more specific :razz:

-Rich

michika
12-15-2004, 06:30 PM
2 pygmy hedgehogs,
4 zebra finches
2 dwarf rabbits
3 bettas and a frog
1 strange and awkward sw set up of 1 10g and a 29g acting in tandum as an attempted display tank and sump...

mr_alberta
12-15-2004, 06:39 PM
Do you LIVE at the Valley Zoo? :razz:

I can do the tanks and rabbits, but don't know about the birds or hedgehogs.....what dates were you looking at? Maybe I can help you out if I'm in town.

michika
12-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Feels like it sometimes.... I'm just missing the penguins, lizards, and something from the cat family...

X-mas weekend, which is why I'm panicking now because I only managed to fine ONE pet sitter in all of Edmonton who was willing to look after everything, even the dog if she was staying, but she not. Now this sitter backed out, said that she didn't want anything to do with the SW tanks.

She was fine with it before, I think she's just trying to find a way out to do something else that weekend...

Everything is really social and you don't really even half to handle the piglets (hedgehogs) or the rabbits. I'm totally willing to pay, I just need the reassurance that someone will be watching my 'funny little children'.

mr_alberta
12-15-2004, 07:26 PM
Ah, sorry Catherine, can't help you out there. I won't be around that weekend.

michika
12-15-2004, 09:23 PM
Its okay, thanks anyways...

I guess I'll be hanging around here this year again.

Richer
12-15-2004, 09:40 PM
What would taking care of your animals consist of?

-Rich

michika
12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
feed, water....no handling required!

There is cable tv! Huh? Huh huh?!

Richer
12-15-2004, 09:45 PM
Since I don't have much to do this Christmas weekend... you have PM :razz:

-Rich

kuatto
12-15-2004, 11:26 PM
I have to go to Calgary to the inlaws for xmas

michika
12-15-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm off to Sundre, Calgary, and B.C. to spend time with parents and potential in-laws....

Rich was absolutly wonderful and offered to watch over my "funny little children".

Thanks everyone!