PDA

View Full Version : Coral Banded Shrimp. Free

DJ88
12-21-2001, 05:48 PM
In good health, sheds regularly..

I want to get a pair of Fire shrimp and cleaners so I have decided that if anyone wants they can have this guy. P/U only.. Unless I happen to be in the area.

Tigger
12-22-2001, 01:13 PM
I would be interested in your coral banned shrimp. When would be a good time to pick it up? Sunday?

Steve

DJ88
12-22-2001, 01:28 PM
Next week.. Leaving today for the holidays..

I'll let ya know..

Tigger
12-22-2001, 01:55 PM
O.K
Thank-you

Have a great trip

Steve

Tigger
12-29-2001, 05:25 AM
Darren

Are you back from your holiday yet? I was just wondering when would be a good time to pick up the shrimp. Would Sunday Morning be alright? Or Saturday night?

Steve

DJ88
12-29-2001, 01:47 PM
Steve,

Haven't been able to catch the guy yet.

I will try today and let you know.. email me your phone number so we can make arrangements.. once I catch him it will go into the sump for ease of netting again..

Samw
12-29-2001, 03:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DJ88:
In good health, sheds regularly..

I want to get a pair of Fire shrimp and cleaners so I have decided that if anyone wants they can have this guy. P/U only.. Unless I happen to be in the area.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darren, where are you planning to get your fireshrimp? I want to get a pair of fireshrimp and cleaners also. I don't know if you already get them at a discount but if not, maybe we can go on the same day. There's a $2 discount per shrimp at J&L if you buy 4 of the same animal. I've already put my order for 2 cleaners but I can cancel since they don't have any in stock yet.

[ 29 December 2001: Message edited by: Sam W ]

DJ88
12-30-2001, 04:16 AM
I won't be adding them for a while.. probably next month or so..

I'll let ya know..

Tigger
01-03-2002, 05:02 AM
Sam
You got mail!

Samw
01-03-2002, 05:38 AM
I just bought the last 2 cleaners at Big Al's in Coquitlam just before the New Year. I was desperate because my fish had ICK and I thought the cleaners might help. Unfortunately even with the 25% off, they still cost more than J&L's regular prices.

Anyhow, I'm still interested in group purchase of fireshrimp if anyone is interested. J&L said they will get shipment of shrimp between Jan 5 - 9.

Tigger
01-06-2002, 02:37 AM
Darren

Were you able to catch your coral banded shrimp yet?

I know a couple of people who want to buy some cleanner shrimps from J&L. If you want to join in and get yours at the same time, you are welcome to (and anybody else is welcome as well). This way you can get yours for the 4 or more price.

Steve

DJ88
01-06-2002, 05:57 PM
I haven't been able to catch it. Once I swap over to my new tank at the end of the month I will get it out. I have too many SPS and have broken off a piece or two trying to catch it..

Shrimp isn't worth damaging corals.. I'll keep you posted..

DJ88
01-06-2002, 09:05 PM
Ok Steve,

you can come by anytime and get it.. Give me some notice of when..

Troy F
01-07-2002, 01:17 AM
Steve, before you put a cb shrimp in your tank know that there's a good chance it will kill your pacific cleaners.

DJ88
01-07-2002, 01:27 AM
This one never bothered any of mine Troy.. Been in three different tanks with cleaners, pepermints, camel backs and no murders..

Tigger
01-07-2002, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the warning Troy. It is great to see that others are looking out for you and to get other people's input. I currently don't have any cleanners in my tank yet. I was thinking of getting a pair later. I have heard that cleanners breed easily. I am not expecting any to grow, but I heard that it is a great food source? Is this correct?
If I do get a cleanner, I guess the bigger it is, the better chance it has with the coral banded. Luckily cleanners are a lot quicker than CBS. I don't know if they are during the night though. I do have a 6ft 108gal tank with lots of Live Rock. There should be lots of room to have both (I think - any comments?).

Darren, could I come by and pick up the CBS Thursday evening or Friday evening?

Steve

DJ88
01-07-2002, 04:38 AM
With this one I wouldn't worry.. It was in this 33 with two cleaners and it never bothered them, in my old g/f's 33 with two cleaners and two pepermints and nothing happened and was in my 90 with loads of shrimp and not a shrimp died due to this particular CBS. In a 108 there will be more than anough room. But take that as you want to.

Early either night is fine. let me know what time. I am finished finals on wednesday and may not be around much. Plan on de-stressing........

Tigger
01-10-2002, 01:31 AM
Darren
Can I come by tomorrow around 4:30 - 5pm?
I need you address and phone number again.
E-mail me.
Steve