PDA

View Full Version : Regarding purchasing from J&L Aquatics question

Liquidsnakes
07-13-2018, 12:28 AM
Hello friends!

Just curious to know. has anyone bought fish from J&L aquatics and have it shipped over to Calgary? How was the process and did you have good luck with the fish that came over?

I was looking at getting some fish from J&L and thought i wuold ask for some information.

Thank you
Al

DKoKoMan
07-13-2018, 01:17 AM
I have never purchased fish personally however I can personally vouch for their awesome customer service. Over the years I have purchased large ticket items from J&L simply because of the customer service and ability to communicate well with their vendors :smile:

Cabinetman
07-13-2018, 10:44 AM
I’m in Nova Scotia and I’ve bought fish from them several times and it went great. I’m sure shipping to Calgary will be no problem at all.

Liquidsnakes
07-14-2018, 12:55 AM
awesome. Thank you for the info. Im looking forward to the stuff i am getting from them. Especially the fish. =)

hfp75
07-14-2018, 04:09 AM
I have organized 2 group buys. Both went just fine.

I will be doing another at the end of August if your interested in tagging along for reduced S&H costs. I'll post when we get a little closer and I can time it a week after one of their large shipments so there is good variety.

Ryan
07-14-2018, 09:26 PM
I am in Lethbridge and have ordered from them 3 or 4 times over the past year. I wouldnt hesitate to order from them again, I have better success with their fish than any of the stores.

Liquidsnakes
07-16-2018, 01:14 AM
I have organized 2 group buys. Both went just fine.

I will be doing another at the end of August if your interested in tagging along for reduced S&H costs. I'll post when we get a little closer and I can time it a week after one of their large shipments so there is good variety.

that would be cool. I wouldnt' mind ordering more from them. I just recently got a blue line angelfish from them.

takeastabatit22
07-16-2018, 04:18 AM
I've never had shipped because I live here. Though in the vancover area they have the best and healthiest stock. I will not buy any where else. They have been able to get me all my hi end fish. I've never regretted a purchase. Vary knowledgeable and honest. They have stared me away from bad choices instead af making a buck

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

squamishbc
07-24-2018, 12:03 AM
I am in Vancouver so J & L is my local store, all my fish are from there and they offer top notch service, for Vancouver region they really have the best stuff for marine tanks.

Liquidsnakes
08-11-2018, 05:18 PM
thats awesome. I recently got the blueline angelfish from them 2 weeks ago. he is doing amazing. I think if anyone plans to buy from J&L let me know. we could do a group buy.

hfp75
08-12-2018, 02:24 AM
I’ll talk to j&l this week.

H

SteveConn
09-05-2018, 06:36 AM
I'd be interested in a group buy since I am finally getting my aquarium stable again.

I've bought from them before. The most important thing is to pick it up at the airport directly. I've had too many shipments from FedEx/UPS that spent so long in the truck, the livestock was DOA.

hfp75
09-05-2018, 08:24 AM
Yes from the air canada pickup depot, 100%.

My tank is almost on track & I’ll setup the group buy.

H

Cujo#31
09-09-2018, 05:37 AM
They do a pretty good job at what they do. You don’t get a good reputation by doing things half way. Excellent customer support. The folks in the fish room will do you right as well.

babnika
09-09-2018, 04:57 PM
I have had them fly stuff to me they do an awesome job l wouldn't worry about there end .But the airlines on the other hand I would be more concerned about there incompetence.