PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Care Magnet Long - do you still like yours?

gregzz4
06-22-2018, 01:34 AM
My Magfloat is starting to irritate me.
For those of you who own the Long scraper, let us know all your thoughts.
Please include how long you've owned your scraper, and what you either love and/or hate about it.
Plus, have you needed to purchase replacement parts.
Thanks all

Animal-Chin
06-22-2018, 03:04 AM
Had mine a year, love it, works awesome, no parts bought yet. Works awesome on tough algae like coraline. No regrets for sure....

WarDog
06-22-2018, 04:54 AM
Had mine a year, love it, works awesome, no parts bought yet. Works awesome on tough algae like coraline. No regrets for sure....

+1

albert_dao
06-22-2018, 07:30 AM
I love em with the metal blade. I've gone ahead and epoxied the plastic heads to the main bodies though. Losing those things into the rockwork when moving across panes gets old real quickly. I don't work with much acrylic, so the metal blades stay on exclusively.

Protip: I don't know when, but sometime in the last year, they started hiding the metal blade in the instruction manual. I've tossed out more than a few (I go through a lot of magnets) unwittingly.

gregzz4
06-22-2018, 02:52 PM
Thanks everyone. Looks like time for an upgrade here

gregzz4
06-26-2018, 01:12 AM
I love em with the metal blade. I've gone ahead and epoxied the plastic heads to the main bodies though. Losing those things into the rockwork when moving across panes gets old real quickly. I don't work with much acrylic, so the metal blades stay on exclusively.

Protip: I don't know when, but sometime in the last year, they started hiding the metal blade in the instruction manual. I've tossed out more than a few (I go through a lot of magnets) unwittingly.
Thanks for the tips Albert
Now that I have mine home I understand your points. Cheers bud!

albert_dao
06-26-2018, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the tips Albert
Now that I have mine home I understand your points. Cheers bud!

No prob, glad I could help.

Also, you're going to love being able to clean under the sand line!

Animal-Chin
06-26-2018, 05:22 PM
Ya totally! Albert do you just leave the metal blade in the tank all the time? I always take mine off but have wondered if I could just leave it in there, it works way better than the plastic one...

albert_dao
06-26-2018, 08:51 PM
I leave it on the magnet, but my magnet comes out of the tank between accounts. So short answer, yes, but with consideration.

I don't think you'll have a problem leaving it in the tank though, I've left similar stainless steel blades in reef tanks for months with no issue.

bades
06-28-2018, 10:23 PM
I have a couple of the Longs and really like them. I've had numerous scrapers over the years, and this is by far my favourite. I've had them almost 2 years and no problems other than the heads coming off once in awhile (great idea to epoxy them to the body Albert). Also, no issue leaving them in tank, other than a great hiding spot for some of my smaller brittle stars. Haven't had to order any replacement parts and works great,.....

Craigdillman
06-28-2018, 11:30 PM
Approx. ? 2 years now works awesome probably won't buy another product I love how you can clean right down to the sand bed without worrying about scratching the glass. Works wonders cleans my 6 foot tank so fast

#love it

Get 1