PDA

View Full Version : Looking for private contractor to make custom aquarium in Vancouver B.C

bluebarry
06-05-2018, 01:46 AM
Looking for private contractor to make custom aquarium in Vancouver B.C

Been digging around and only spotted some. Don't matter if its through a company or privately . If anyone here knows anything about custom made aquariums / set up plus possible maintenance , please let me know

Cheers

DKoKoMan
06-05-2018, 03:12 AM
Not sure about local builders. I will vouch for Dave @ Concept as they make great tanks for the money spent. If your in to getting it delivered it’s definitely worth a phone call.

bluebarry
06-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Not sure about local builders. I will vouch for Dave @ Concept as they make great tanks for the money spent. If your in to getting it delivered it’s definitely worth a phone call.

cool thank you. I been getting couple comments on them about their nice quality . i'll shot them a email and see how much it will take to deliver

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Concept is the one virtually everyone I know uses for custom tanks. Make sure you have all your specs correct and have them double check sizes of drain holes etc.

Anthony

bluebarry
06-06-2018, 05:25 AM
Concept is the one virtually everyone I know uses for custom tanks. Make sure you have all your specs correct and have them double check sizes of drain holes etc.

Anthony

appreciate the feed back Anthony, I'll follow up on the holes issue. I only have heard good things about them so far. Although i can't seem to find any pictures of their work on their site.

DKoKoMan
06-06-2018, 03:26 PM
appreciate the feed back Anthony, I'll follow up on the holes issue. I only have heard good things about them so far. Although i can't seem to find any pictures of their work on their site.

If you check out my build thread it’s a concept built tank. I picked it up at the end of March this year. I am happy with the way it turned out and the build quality is great. Dave was good to deal with and made every effort to show that Concept is still doing great things.

bluebarry
06-07-2018, 01:05 PM
If you check out my build thread it’s a concept built tank. I picked it up at the end of March this year. I am happy with the way it turned out and the build quality is great. Dave was good to deal with and made every effort to show that Concept is still doing great things.

oh cool, i been trying to get in touch with them thru email but their replies are quite slow lol..

DKoKoMan
06-07-2018, 05:48 PM
You may be better off calling the shop directly and go from there.

bluebarry
06-08-2018, 08:47 AM
You may be better off calling the shop directly and go from there.

yeah problem is that i'm not in town so the time difference makes it a little difficult to things happen.

DKoKoMan
06-08-2018, 09:37 AM
Fair enough... hopefully you get a response. Best of luck.

bluebarry
06-08-2018, 10:16 AM
Fair enough... hopefully you get a response. Best of luck.

thank you, checked out your thread btw, tank looking mighty fine, super jelly hahahaha

Myka
06-08-2018, 12:59 PM
If you go with Concept Aquariums and you want a perfect tank, make sure you tell them that. They make "baller" style tanks, and they make basic run of the mill tanks (that are more cost effective). Make sure you're clear about what you want.

You can also try Raf and Diana at Aquatic Escapes (Google it) they are from North Vancouver. I'm not sure where they get their tanks from.

duncangweller
06-09-2018, 04:06 AM
If you go with Concept Aquariums and you want a perfect tank, make sure you tell them that. They make "baller" style tanks, and they make basic run of the mill tanks (that are more cost effective). Make sure you're clear about what you want.

You can also try Raf and Diana at Aquatic Escapes (Google it) they are from North Vancouver. I'm not sure where they get their tanks from.

Myka,

Do you have any experience of the tanks from aquatic escapes out of North Van? I've not heard of those guys before and just curious if it's worth a shot or just to go for a marineland (or other bulk manufactured) tank.

I've always liked the idea of a concept tank, but shipping from Calgary to Vancouver, if I remember rightly, is almost the same as the cost of the tank.

Thanks,
Dunc

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

WarDog
06-09-2018, 04:42 AM
They just order custom tanks from Concept and charge you a mark up. Lol.

bluebarry
06-09-2018, 07:49 AM
Myka,

Do you have any experience of the tanks from aquatic escapes out of North Van? I've not heard of those guys before and just curious if it's worth a shot or just to go for a marineland (or other bulk manufactured) tank.

I've always liked the idea of a concept tank, but shipping from Calgary to Vancouver, if I remember rightly, is almost the same as the cost of the tank.

Thanks,
Dunc

actually I asked about shipping to Vancouver and you would be surprised about shipping, quite cheap

duncangweller
06-09-2018, 03:09 PM
They just order custom tanks from Concept and charge you a mark up. Lol.Good to know, thanks.

And Myka, I'll give concepts a call again as it's been a couple of years and see what they can do.

Thanks to you both.

spit.fire
06-09-2018, 03:42 PM
They just order custom tanks from Concept and charge you a mark up. Lol.

not how it works

Myka
06-10-2018, 05:22 PM
Myka,

Thanks,
Dunc

Sorry, I don't have any information about Aquatic Escapes. I can't vouch for them either - I've never seen their work. They used to be active on the forums here years ago, and I used to see Raf at J&L Aquatics going in for supplies when I worked there over 10 years ago. So they've been in business for at least 10 years, that's a good sign.

duncangweller
06-11-2018, 12:06 AM
actually I asked about shipping to Vancouver and you would be surprised about shipping, quite cheapYou were right, I was quoted only $100 to ship to a depot in Vancouver or $175 to a house for a 4ft tank. That's pretty fair I'd say.

bluebarry
06-11-2018, 01:58 AM
You were right, I was quoted only $100 to ship to a depot in Vancouver or $175 to a house for a 4ft tank. That's pretty fair I'd say.

what did you end up choosing ? im wasn't offered getting the tank delivered to the house though but sounds like a good option since i don't own a pick up.

DKoKoMan
06-11-2018, 02:08 AM
thank you, checked out your thread btw, tank looking mighty fine, super jelly hahahaha

Thanks! :lol: