PDA

View Full Version : Fish in Refugium?

bluetang
12-13-2004, 01:43 PM
Do you have any fish or criters in your refugium? If so what types?
I have a fuge on my 125 at work but am curious on whether to add a fish or two to it, and its pros and cons.

rob

snaggle
12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
I had a hich hiker crab he staved to deat I think, I will be adding a new one if I get one to eat all the food that goes down and feed him once a week.

JohnM99
12-14-2004, 12:28 AM
Some people put Mandarins or Sea Horses in their fuges - I think if I did that they would get lost in the caulerpa and I would never see them again.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
12-14-2004, 07:25 AM
Almost impossible to get seahorses now anyways (CITES restrictions). Generally, people leave refugiums fish-less since its main job is to provide a "refuge" for the pods to reproduce in peace. People do put in mandarins but they'll decimate your pod-population.

muck
12-14-2004, 02:23 PM
I have a couple crabs in my fuge area. Kindof put them there cause I didn't want them in the main tank. I have been thinking of getting rid of them though... :confused:

Ryan
12-14-2004, 07:40 PM
I think that if you were to put a fish in there thats main diet wasnt pods you would be okay. Suck as people always say how nice a damsel is but they are too aggressive well y not put 1,2,3.... of them in your fuge and feed them pellets or flakes. Then the stuff that is left over will be eated by crabs and bristol worms. JMO

Canadian Man
12-15-2004, 03:25 AM
I have a pipe fish and a pair of Pink Skunk clowns with anenome in my 75g fuge. It's reverse light so no matter what time i'm up I always have a lit tank to watch! :biggrin: