PDA

View Full Version : first sign of hair algae

jess128
12-12-2004, 02:02 AM
Well 2 days ago I noticed little green stringy things stuck to my glass, there are loads of little clumps of them. And there are a few clumps of brown stringy stuff on the substrate. I'm pretty sure it's hair algae. I don't have a cleaner crew yet, what do you suggest I get to get rid of this problem before it gets bad?

Jess

wrassehole
12-12-2004, 03:37 AM
hey jess, thats for tellng me about this site BTW. im Principal Skimmer on RC. get a magfloat if you dont already have one. Im a big procrastinator and if i didnt have one id rarely clean my glass. but as i walk on by and see a patch of green growin on the glass, it only takes a few seconds to give it a rub (i always keep my magnet on the glass at all times, never comes off.) calcium, calcium, calcium. the more coaline you have the less algae you will have growin. also, get a dishwashin brush for your rocks. nothin beats elbow grease.

jess128
12-13-2004, 12:44 AM
I'm glad you've signed up here, it's a great site for us canadians. There's not much coralline algae yet... I'm still waiting for it. I'll get a magfloat soon, thanks. Any ideas about what I should get as a cleaner crew?

Jess