PDA

View Full Version : Tank has to go - advice?

UBOMW
04-02-2018, 06:47 PM
I have to shut me reef tank down for various reasons, but I'm not sure what to do with livestock, live rock, etc.

The big issue is that a lot of these same reasons have led to the tank being in kinda bad shape. Corals are all alive, but in need of a lot of TLC. Fish and inverts are ok, don't have too many fish.

Any thoughts? I'm not really worried about getting any money back out of the livestock. I was thinking maybe a one day "Pay what you feel" type open house.

Any other ideas? Anyone looking for corals on the cheap?

Goomba
04-02-2018, 08:45 PM
You have the right idea. Set up a weekend on the buy/sell forum with a list of what you have, couple pics. Lots of people are willing to try beat up/damaged colonies for around $10-20.

Post it up a few days in advance and I bet it will all be gone that weekend. Anything not scooped up is most likely not save able or too problematic to be worth it.

Ryancw
04-03-2018, 02:56 AM
^^^ I would definitely stop by and take a few things off your hands

DKoKoMan
04-03-2018, 04:18 AM
Photos are the easiest way. People are more inclined to buy what they can see :smile:

UBOMW
04-03-2018, 06:11 PM
I should mention as well, I have an Aptasia Eating File Fish as well. He / She absolutely demolished an aptasia breakout a while ago.

They do a great job, if anybody needs one.

WarDog
04-03-2018, 11:00 PM
Time to make a buy/sell ad.