PDA

View Full Version : Canon S1 iS

Buccaneer
12-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I won this at our company Xmas party last night :cool:

Does anyone here have one and is it good for shooting macros of my fishtank ? ( only taken a bunch of drunken pictures so far of the party hehehe )

BMW Rider
12-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Damn, I think I must be hanging out at the wrong parties. Can I get an invite next year? Thats a nice little score. I would think it should do some nice tank shots. I didn't read all the specs on it, but as long as it has some manual modes for aperature and shutter, you should be in business.

I got a new Canon yesterday too, an A85, not quite as fancy and I had to use my own money to get it. I should be able to finally get some decent tank shots now too. My old Kodak digital just didn't do a very good job of macros.

trilinearmipmap
12-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Funny, I was just reading up on this camera yesterday. As far as I recall it is a 3 megapixel camera, the strong points are light/compact size, a 10x optical zoom, and electronic image stabilization so you don't need a tripod.

Their are reviews on www.stevesdigicams.com and www.dpreview.com
It looks like a pretty good camera.

Doug
12-11-2004, 08:58 PM
electronic image stabilization

:biggrin: Sounds like something on Startrek. :biggrin:

Actually I was looking at them at Wallyworld the other day. I think about $569 or so. I was looking at the Rebel but to much for this fixed income guy. :lol:

Buccaneer
12-12-2004, 12:17 AM
I will clean the glass :lol: and take some macro shots in the next couple days ... it also has a " picture-stitch " panoramic feature where you take multiple pictures and " stitch " them together which sounds interesting ... with my last tank at 8 ft wide and this one at 6 ft wide I have always had trouble getting any detail in a full tank shot because I had to be too far away to get the whole tank in the shot.