PDA

View Full Version : Replicating T5 specturm

gmann
03-13-2018, 10:08 PM
So im trying to replicate 2 kz super blue, 1 purple plus and 1 coral plus on my LED. I know the superblue has 22,000 specturm, but not sure what the other two produce. So my question is there a site or formula where i can input the various bulb info to get my answer?

Etaloche
03-14-2018, 12:19 AM
I would expect that you'd need to invest in a spectrometer in order to achieve what you want as every LED fixture is completely different in their output. Spectrometers are not cheap, somehwere in the ballpark of $2k-3k :lol:

gmann
03-14-2018, 06:44 PM
sounds complicated, and im too lazy. Guess i will just tune until i find a color i like lol

thanks for response etaloche?

Etaloche
03-14-2018, 07:25 PM
Which LED fixture are you running? If it's one of the major brands than BRS might have a video on the specific model and they use a spectrometer to match ecotech's spectrum for best coral growth on many fixtures. You might be able to replicate it. Here's an example on a video for the AI Primes. They even go one step further and calculate PAR readings at various distances from the light which is great info.

https://youtu.be/WWc3dUwQuWI?t=2m45s

Frogger
03-15-2018, 04:42 AM
Not sure why you would want to replicate your T5's with an LED fixture. They are completely different in the intensity, the source the type of light and the colour spectrum. No matter how you adjust the lighting your corals will take a while to get used to the new light source.

If all you are looking is to approximate the colour for your eyes just buy an LED fixture that has multiple different colour led's and the ability to custom suit the setup.