PDA

View Full Version : Can't stand it any more

Jason McK
12-11-2004, 01:17 AM
I have an uncontrollable amount of Aptasia in my tank. I'm j.j. everyday but there is a large number were I just can't reach.
I'm thinking about a Copperbanded Butterfly but.....
I have a 75G Tank that currently has a white Faced Surgeon (Acanthurus japonicus) 3 Chromis, a Mandarin dragonet, and Bi colour Blenny. So I have already jammed my tank full of fish. Could I add a small Copper Banded or would that just be wrong.

Thanks for the advise
Jason

Scavenger
12-11-2004, 01:20 AM
What about peppermint shrimp?? Get rid of what you can and let the shrimp handle the rest.

Beverly
12-11-2004, 01:41 AM
IMO, you could add a small CBB, but do remember they get to be 8" in length, so you'd either have to find it a new home at some point, or eventually upgrade to a VERY large tank. Also, the CBB will eat other corals in your tank depending on what corals you keep.

pocilipora
12-11-2004, 02:13 AM
Id go for the peppermint shrimp, Ive had good sucess. I had atleast 100 aptasia. I tried boiling water on them with a turkey baster, but all that did was create a bunch of baby aptasia.
One pepermint took care of them all, but it did take a month or two for him to find them all.

Snoop Dog
12-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Juice the big ones, pepermints will take care of the rest. My brother had about 300 of those things and 2 peppermints ate them all!!

Jason McK
12-11-2004, 02:30 AM
I've put about 10 Peppermint shrimp in my tank over the years and must have only had the non-aptasia eating shrimp :) but I think I will try again, I'm a little concerned about introducing another fish to my tank. Especially one that may out grow my tank before I can upgrade.

Thanks for the input

Jason

Quinn
12-11-2004, 03:58 AM
Has anyone found Berghia verrucicornis nudibranchs in Canada? Aiptasia spp. anemones are their preferred entrée.

props
12-11-2004, 04:34 AM
ask jack for my copperband butterfly its proven to eat only feather dusters and aptaisa

Jason McK
12-11-2004, 04:57 AM
Hey Jesse he's too big from Jack's tank LOL

I thought you were getting that back or have you started renting it out. I'll take it for 3 weeks if you put it in and then try and get it out. Will pay top $$$ :)

Jason

Buccaneer
12-11-2004, 06:59 AM
IMO, you could add a small CBB, but do remember they get to be 8" in length, so you'd either have to find it a new home at some point, or eventually upgrade to a VERY large tank. Also, the CBB will eat other corals in your tank depending on what corals you keep.

I have soft corals, LPS and SPS and my CBB does not touch any of them :cool:

props
12-11-2004, 03:56 PM
just ask him for it then keep it as long as you need it then i give it back heheheh
the fish is not for rent nor for sale i just want it to feast on peoples aptaisa or feather dusters =o)
call him and go pick it up !!!i think its in Richmond though :confused: