PDA

View Full Version : Which fish would you pick?

Amadod2
02-03-2018, 12:48 AM
Here’s a question for you all, if you could pick one main fish almost like a centre piece for a 75g sps tank what would it be and why?

Frogger
02-03-2018, 01:56 AM
Bandit Angel: Reason because you said I could have 1

Dearth
02-03-2018, 02:14 AM
Blue star leopard Wrasse because of the colours

Ryan
02-03-2018, 02:20 AM
Bandit Angel: Reason because you said I could have 1

Doesn’t count. 75 isn’t big enough for a bandit.

Amadod2
02-03-2018, 02:39 AM
I do like the flame wrasse but it’s not a showstopper, 75g limits the possibilities

Skimmer Juice
02-03-2018, 03:58 AM
blue boxfish = coolest fish on earth that nobody has
blue spot jawfish if you are using sand = tons of personality and beautiful colors
panamic barnacle blenny = can have a little community of these guys and also a cool out of the ordinary fish

Frogger
02-03-2018, 04:55 AM
Doesn’t count. 75 isn’t big enough for a bandit.
He asked what fish I would put in a 75 gallon. I would get a small one, keep the tank stocked low in fish and keep him in there until he got too big. At that time I would be ready for an upgrade and build a bigger tank.

Myka
02-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Here’s a question for you all, if you could pick one main fish almost like a centre piece for a 75g sps tank what would it be and why?

What's your budget?

Amadod2
02-03-2018, 06:58 PM
For me personally up to $200

Myka
02-03-2018, 07:51 PM
For me personally up to $200

How about a Marine Betta? I find they do better in smaller tanks since they are quite passive feeders. In big tanks with aggressive feeders they often need target feeding. In smaller tanks they are usually less cryptic, and don't usually need to be target fed.

DKoKoMan
02-03-2018, 08:36 PM
I like the leopard wrasse however I’m not sure how they would fair in a smaller system. My guess would be that they would be fine in an established system. I like the color pattern of these guys!

Amadod2
02-03-2018, 08:40 PM
I have always liked the leopard wrasse but I do y know if I can have one I’m running bare bottom

DKoKoMan
02-03-2018, 08:44 PM
I have always liked the leopard wrasse but I do y know if I can have one I’m running bare bottom

That I’m not sure of. Mine buries in to the sand and pops out of nowhere, he is out for the day but buries for the night. Maybe someone who runs B.B. can help out as I have alway used sand.

scilover
06-16-2020, 09:37 AM
If I have to choose 1, it would be a blue boxfish. I just love their blue sheen with ochre spots, it’s so stunning!

cvrle1
06-16-2020, 04:01 PM
If I have to choose 1, it would be a blue boxfish. I just love their blue sheen with ochre spots, it’s so stunning!

Already answered in 2018.

Ryancw
06-16-2020, 11:58 PM
Who cares?:2gunfire: this forum for whatever reason has taken a massive hit to active posting over the last few years, i don't think a few bumped threads are the end of the world. At least marketplace threads aren't being bumped.

Maybe these are the BIG changes the mods keep mentioning? the forum could use a few users who contribute to discussion, whether it be old or new.

cvrle1
06-17-2020, 12:20 AM
Who cares?:2gunfire: this forum for whatever reason has taken a massive hit to active posting over the last few years, i don't think a few bumped threads are the end of the world. At least marketplace threads aren't being bumped.

Maybe these are the BIG changes the mods keep mentioning? the forum could use a few users who contribute to discussion, whether it be old or new.

Every single one of the 26 posts he posted are bumps to old thread that has already been answered. Furthermore, he aint adding anything new at all, but just repeating what was said, with info that sounds very much like copy/paste from somewhere else. I am all for more active forum, but not like this.

WarDog
06-17-2020, 02:06 AM

Nope they're not. This forum is getting a completely new platform. We're just not willing to make a public announcement yet, or give a timeline... because frankly we don't know exactly when.

WarDog
06-17-2020, 02:48 AM
Every single one of the 26 posts he posted are bumps to old thread that has already been answered. Furthermore, he aint adding anything new at all, but just repeating what was said, with info that sounds very much like copy/paste from somewhere else. I am all for more active forum, but not like this.

Seriously, why is this bothering you so much? You've reported him twice to mods, and I responded to you stating that although his timing is comically poor, he's not breaking any rules. Now you're ranting publicly about it. I don't care if he's from Malaysia. This isn't a Canada only forum. Everyone is welcome. Get over it and move on.

cvrle1
06-17-2020, 05:03 AM
Seriously, why is this bothering you so much? You've reported him twice to mods, and I responded to you stating that although his timing is comically poor, he's not breaking any rules. Now you're ranting publicly about it. I don't care if he's from Malaysia. This isn't a Canada only forum. Everyone is welcome. Get over it and move on.

I was replying to Ryancw who brought it up. And I guess now I know one reason at least why folks left this forum. Instead of going after member who is actually trying to be helpful and share some info with others, maybe you should go after member who is adding jack all, other than bumping old treads and copying/pasting info from other sites, and pasting as his own. Clearly not everyone is welcome.

gregzz4
06-17-2020, 05:30 AM
I was replying to Ryancw who brought it up. And I guess now I know one reason at least why folks left this forum. Instead of going after member who is actually trying to be helpful and share some info with others, maybe you should go after member who is adding jack all, other than bumping old treads and copying/pasting info from other sites, and pasting as his own. Clearly not everyone is welcome.

Nobody is going after anyone, and you are out of line sir. If you want to bash a forum, this is not the place for you.
Why did you write 'Clearly not everyone is welcome' ???

Follow forum rules, be welcome to hang out and lets try to keep the info active and polite/family friendly.

Too much for sale posting and not enough info :biggrin:

DKoKoMan
06-17-2020, 05:32 AM
:pop2:

gregzz4
06-17-2020, 05:47 AM
Don't forget the beers :drinking:

WarDog
06-17-2020, 06:12 AM
Instead of going after member who is actually trying to be helpful...

I'm not going after anyone. You voiced a concern, and the mods discussed it. We responded to you in a PM. Sorry you didn't get your way.

Clearly not everyone is welcome.

Feel free to police threads on other reef forums.

gregzz4
06-17-2020, 08:09 AM
:rockon::cheer2:

This site is FREE and the mods are volunteers