PDA

View Full Version : scrapers

Corey
12-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Hey all, I just finished cleaning my tank, spent over an hour scraping, I use a Kent scraper and am tired of spending soooooooo much time scraping, what does every one else use for a scraper? Are there any that work better or am I just dreaming? Using a razor blade is out of the question, I seem to lose those in my tank.

Scavenger
12-08-2004, 09:47 PM
personally I just bought a $3.00 all plastic windshield ice scraper. Works great for me. I like the short handles too for manuvuerabilaty and control.

Aquattro
12-08-2004, 11:56 PM
I just use a magnet on the viewing sides, the rest is covered with coralline.

trilinearmipmap
12-09-2004, 12:09 AM
I use a Hammerhead magnet, it gets off the soft stuff. For scraping coralline off the glass I use a razor blade every couple of weeks. When I get around to it I will make a DIY scraper out a a razor blade fitted into a slot on some 3/4" pvc pipe.

OCDP
12-09-2004, 12:12 AM
Depending on exactly how crusted it is on the glass.. you might be able to get away with buying a Dawn Power Dish brush... they are amazing ... I am pretty sure it would do the trick.. it's full submersible.. but you will go through batteries fairly quick. I would seriously think about it... they're cheap, electronic, and obviously fast.. push the button and the brush tip spins around ... I have used one since I setup my reef and I will always use one now

Scott

marie
12-09-2004, 12:39 AM
I go to canadian tire and get a window scraper, for a couple of dollars. It's just a razor blade fitted into a plastic handle (hard to lose in the tank :biggrin: ). As long as you rinse it off and dry it well, it lasts a long time.

Richer
12-09-2004, 05:08 AM
I use my Big Al's vip card.... :mrgreen:

-Richer

takphan
12-09-2004, 06:01 AM
i use this:

http://www.stanleytools.com/catalog_images/web_detail/S_28593_72dpi_webmax.jpg

in tight spots i use this:
http://www.stanleytools.com/catalog_images/web_detail/S_28100_72dpi_webmax.jpg

and a 10 pack replacement blades is $2.00 at any dollar store
just rinse well after use