PDA

View Full Version : XL Bio pellets

Douglas
12-06-2017, 11:30 AM
Just looking for some feed back, on the newer XL Bio pellets. (noodle shaped)I've been running the smaller ones, tumbling them in a reactor for a few years, but I find they break down, and create and melm, that covers other pumps and things in my sump. Any input would be appreciated.

wayner
12-06-2017, 01:03 PM
These?

http://www.fish-street.com/np_redcuing_biopellets_xl

Duffer2
12-06-2017, 02:10 PM
I have been running them for about 2 months in a new tank setup. In previous tanks I ran fluidized pellets.

Can't comment on long term effectiveness, but I will say they are very simple to manage and they don't break down very quickly. No plugging off the reactor.

wayner
12-06-2017, 02:45 PM
I have been running them for about 2 months in a new tank setup. In previous tanks I ran fluidized pellets.

Can't comment on long term effectiveness, but I will say they are very simple to manage and they don't break down very quickly. No plugging off the reactor.

Trying to find out a recommended flow rate, what pump/reactor are you using with them? I'm dosing NOPOX right now, might give these pellets a shot, what the hell., huge amounts of mulm is what I don't want.

Thanks