PDA

View Full Version : Reactor keeps plugging up!

Gools
12-07-2004, 12:45 AM
Those of you who have calcium reactors, do you have any sort of a filter for your gravity feed line? My reactor keeps plugging up, and I'm assuming it's being plugged from the suction in the tank. how can I fix this?

Chin_Lee
12-07-2004, 06:15 AM
stick a mini pump to feed instead of gravity... like those ones you got from the IO salt buckets. free and small

props
12-07-2004, 06:56 AM
you can maybe use a darker colored host for your gravity feed ? ? ?

Gools
12-07-2004, 12:54 PM
my feed line is the size of air line tubing. How would I attach it to one of those small pumps?

Buccaneer
12-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Just goto a plumbing supply store that carries John Guest fittings or similar and mess around with the fittings that convert sizes from one side to the other ... I had to do the same thing as I had 1/4" tube on one side going to the reactor and 3/8 on the other going to the pump ... ended up with JG slip fit on one side and filed down the 3/8 mpt thread on the other side for the fitting to the small pump.

Gools
12-07-2004, 10:31 PM
late last night I took off my second chamber, and just had my main chamber going, and it started to syphon right away. Obviously there is a leak, but where would it be? I tried the soapy water and found no bubbles. Could packed media in the chamber stop a syphon?

Canadian Man
12-08-2004, 06:05 AM
problem I run into with my gravity fed 1/4" tube is I sometimes get snails going into it. So I just take the pliers and give them the CRUSH treatment and all is fixed. I try to suspend my intake hose so it's floating in never never land so hopefully the wandering snails can't get onto it.