PDA

View Full Version : travelling

fortheloveofcrabs
12-06-2004, 07:54 PM
I was wondering what you guys did with your tank when you took a trip? How did you feed it? Any suggestions!

Thanks!

michika
12-06-2004, 08:58 PM
Auto feeder for flake food...

Good reliable friends..

last resort though is someone to come in and feed your tank... but you'll probably have to portion out all the food, label it extensively, and pay out your ass... (can you tell I've been looking into it?)

if it is only for a day or two you might be able to just leave it be

Nemain
12-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I have always had other reefers take care of the tank =) They know what they are doing, even in an emergency =)

If you need someone, just give the dates/times and I am sure either myself or another person would be happy to lend a hand =)

Beth

mr_alberta
12-07-2004, 12:25 AM
Hey Paul,

I'm willing to help you out if you need a hand. If its only 3 or 4 days, then I can take care of it, but if its longer, then I might need to charge you something....

Richer
12-07-2004, 12:36 AM
Yup, I'm sure many of us would be more than willing to help a fellow reefer out :razz:

-Richer

mark
12-07-2004, 03:31 AM
Was going for a month and a buddy's daughter use to work at a LFS, so hooked up with her. Also got her to water the plants, bring in the mail etc..

Was nice having a holiday and not being the least bit worried about the tank.

MagnumReefer
12-07-2004, 04:40 AM
If you are on the south side I would help out for a frag... :)

Darryl

StirCrazy
12-07-2004, 05:24 AM
every time I went away for a month or more I always lost something.. just the way it goes. Other people you get won't recognize suttle changes that can signal an event unless they are familiar with your tank and fairly experienced themselves.

Be for I got I clean all my pumps and the float valve ect.. to minimize the chance of something going wrong.

Steve

fortheloveofcrabs
12-07-2004, 09:19 PM
Wow, thanks for all the help. I am not going away just yet, but I am getting ready. I guess reefers really are the best... :eggface: