PDA

View Full Version : Alk help.

ReganY
11-10-2017, 08:20 PM
Hey everyone,.

So I'm having a slight dilemma here. I'm testing my all with salifert and red Sea test kits and I'm getting a slight difference. As I'm not sure what to go by.

Salifert tests my alk @ 9.3dkh or 3.30 meq/l
Red Sea @ 8.5dkh or 3.06 meq/l

What do I do?

Cheers

Regan

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

CHEAPREEF
11-10-2017, 08:45 PM
Is the test repetable with either, same results if you check it 2-3 times with either test kit?

Personally I would trust the Red Sea Pro test kit for Alk, Calc and Mag over any other test kits. My Red Sea Alk always matches within 0.2 to my Hanna checkerso I feel it's more than accurate enough.

Hey everyone,.

So I'm having a slight dilemma here. I'm testing my all with salifert and red Sea test kits and I'm getting a slight difference. As I'm not sure what to go by.

What do I do?

Cheers

Regan

ReganY
11-10-2017, 09:02 PM
Is the test repetable with either, same results if you check it 2-3 times with either test kit?

Personally I would trust the Red Sea Pro test kit for Alk, Calc and Mag over any other test kits. My Red Sea Alk always matches within 0.2 to my Hanna checkerso I feel it's more than accurate enough.Hi,

Yes, I've done multiple tests to verify what I am getting and it's the same results on each test kit. With such a big discrepancy I don't want to increase my alk too much if I don't have to. Although I do feel it's a bit on the low side so red Sea may be accurate.

ug.mac
11-10-2017, 09:21 PM
I suggest just base off any one of the test kit and maintain that number, which will be a lot better than chasing a specific number. Both reading can grow nice SPS with great colour.

I have had both kit and I was wondering about the same thing until I got my answers on RC as above.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Madreefer
11-10-2017, 10:27 PM
Hey everyone,.

What do I do?

Cheers

Regan

Nothing. Those numbers are fine

DKoKoMan
11-11-2017, 11:11 AM
Hey everyone,.

What do I do?

Cheers

Regan

Your ALK is above NSW and in a good range. Even with the variances in test kits it is my low and my high. Try to keep it in that sweet spot.

WarDog
11-11-2017, 06:12 PM
Nothing. Those numbers are fine

Exactly. Consistency over accuracy.