PDA

View Full Version : General Question

corper
12-04-2004, 02:40 PM
Can anyone recommend something to control ich. It will have to be safe ecough to go in the main tank. I have hermit crabs, 2 brittle stars, snails, 4 anemones, emerald crab, 2 feather dusters, 2 cleaner shrimp, and 3 peppermint shrimp. Will any of these need to be removed or can they stay in the tank.

Cory

Invigor
12-04-2004, 03:05 PM
kickick is your only hope if you want to leave everything in your tank

mostly everything else kills inverts.

your best bet would be to catch the infected fish, and treat it separately(in a quarentine tank), and don't forget to feed well with vitamines and maybe garlic if the fish needs to be enticed to eat.

Tarolisol
12-04-2004, 05:06 PM
With anemones there pretty much nothing you can put in your tank that wont kill them ive tried greenx and all that reef safe stuff and it will kill your anemones.

Bob I
12-04-2004, 05:46 PM
There are those who say Kickich does not work, but it does. I am in the final stages of medicating a Cowfish. On the day after putting in the final dose it is clean. You MUST do the treatment exactly as instructed, and use the full dose or a little more. I used the dose recommended for a 25 gallon tank in a 15. :biggrin:

Tarolisol
12-04-2004, 06:09 PM
But how do you know the cow fish didnt get better on its own :mrgreen: maybe all it need was some time. Cow fish and box fish are fighters it takes alot to bring one of those down.

Coldwater
12-04-2004, 07:48 PM
I used Noxich and it helps but it dyes your anemones a healthy looking blue. Didnt have any inverts in my tank at the time.

Matt

Scavenger
12-05-2004, 06:39 AM
I myself would recommend adding garlic extract to your fishes food. Adding a cleaner shrimp to the system would also help alot. These are the only "tools" I have ever used and never lost a fish to ich yet.

G1GY
12-05-2004, 07:26 AM
Souldn't healthy fish just get over it on their own? My yellow tang just beat it in about a week or so.

Just wondering. :smile:

Samw
12-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Everytime I introduce new fish into my tank it seems Ick appears on my Flame Angel and Blue Tang. Last week, I introduced some Neon gobies. Sure enough, my Blue Tang and Angel are now infested with Ick. No worries though, it always goes away on its own like it always has been doing in the past 2 years.

Tarolisol
12-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Lots of fish tend to get ich quite often but there are able to beat it on there own kinda like a cold.

corper
12-05-2004, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'm treating all the fish with garlic at every feeding. My yellow tang had signs of ich when I first introduced him to the tank a few weeks ago, but it seemed to go away on its own. Hopefully the same will happen with my blue tang. It just seems to be a little worse on him. He still seems happy though, eating lots and swimming around. The cleaner shrimp have been cleaning him a little and so has the cleaner wrasse.

StirCrazy
12-05-2004, 08:07 PM
My yellow tang had signs of ich when I first introduced him to the tank a few weeks ago, but it seemed to go away on its own. Hopefully the same will happen with my blue tang.

Two tanks is a little much for a tank your size, you might have a hard time getting rid of it.

Steve

chrisd
12-06-2004, 11:32 AM
I've used KickIck on two different occasions and just like Bob said, as long as you follow the instructions it will work. It didn't bother any of my inverts but I don't know how it is with anomones as I don't have any.

Sushiman
12-06-2004, 04:39 PM
big-a$$ UV :cool: