PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing my experience with ecotech support

Galizio
09-23-2017, 01:06 AM
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this.
So after my mp40 crapped out on me I contacted ecotech support.
They were really quick to get back to me and suggested to deal with a dealer in Canada to solve the issue, as I live in BC.
After trying to contact all the ones on the list the only one getting back to me was Reef wholesale in Ontario.. they took a while to answer my email as I was trying to figure it out what was going on with the pump.
So my mp40 was an old Wes with upgraded wet side and driver to wqd, I told this to ecotech and RW more than once in previous emails.I been using ecotech pump for 4 years, just have to specify this.
In June I was going to put the mp40 in my DT as wanted a bit more flow in the tank, then discover that the pump was not working. Was perfectly fine 3 months earlier before decided to clean it and stored in closet.
After a few weeks of a few emails with reef wholesale they tell me to ship via FedEx the pump($27) for troubleshooting.
Waited 2 weeks and decide to contact them to see if they got the pump, they did , but had to wait a week because they were at MACNA. Ok, waited 2 more weeks then I call them. Patrick told me he was going to get into it asap.
Just after 30 min or 1h he send me an email, saying the pump was bit and pieces of an old Wes and a qd, thank you brother!!!!
After he send me back an email with some details :
Wetside had a broken magnet
Maybe need it a new dry side
And a new power supply as the Wes dry side and power supply apparently doesn't work with the QD director(BS worked for me for almost 2 years).
At this point when I got upset ,they let the ecotech guy contact me and telling me have to pay shipping to get the pump back, more wood to the fire...
At this point I gave up and am going to pay 27$ to get my pump back as they first told me if I wanted a new pump should ask Fragbox and maybe buy a new pump, some frags and they will ship my old pump back altogether ahahahah.
Second e mail asking 299$ for a dryside and $70 for power supply, holy I can buy almost a brand new pump at The store as there is a discount on ecotech Canada wide....
I don't know how RW have 5 stars on their FB page.
My experience was terrible , don't wanna buy ecotech products ever again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AquaAddict
09-23-2017, 02:13 AM
Oh geez - that is bad. So Sorry to hear such frustration. My fingers are crossed that mine don't break down.

AquaAddict

Galizio
09-23-2017, 02:49 AM
I never had a problem dealing with ecotech, always available and fast service when pump was under warranty before.
But this time dealing with reef wholesaler was a totally bad experience, because took to long in my opinion, and also didn't like that have to spent 54$ in shipping for something they could just told me on the phone or email, also trying to sell me parts at full price when ecotech is having a sale. All this didn't make sense to me, just makes ecotech look bad.

kamloops_reefer
09-23-2017, 04:41 AM
We share frustrations and are no longer interested in supporting an expensive product which we found to be noisy (non quiet drive) finicky to adjust on the glass, and often really could not be 'rebuilt' as it would often result in things galling up / binding.

Galizio
09-23-2017, 03:13 PM
Don't think they not interested, ecotech support is. Even always quick responsive and helpful.
Maybe RW was very very busy and didn't wanna deal with a pump, but c'mon 2 and half month to take care of a simple thing

Plainswalker
09-26-2017, 06:25 PM
Had a bad response from Ecotech a year ago when my new MP40QD had a wrecked dryside and kept giving me a red/green error, within the warranty period. They essentially told me to contact my local LFS but did not agree to warranty it (which meant I was going to be out ~$300 for a new dryside).

Forget that. I shelved my QD and replaced it with a Maxspect Gyre XF230. Ecotech has been touted as having great customer support but they were not helpful for me. I was a big believer in the vortechs but that experience left a bitter taste.

I will no longer be purchasing any more Ecotech products.

kyl
09-26-2017, 07:10 PM
Probably great support in the US, but for Canada it seems a lot of the vendor warranties are less than stellar. I had an issue with my gyre and Coralvue sent me in circles before finally telling me they don't support Canadian warranty claims and tossed me to Maxspect.ca (warranty card in the package said warranty only through Coralvue). That apparently then got sent to the Canadian vendor I bought it from, worked with them and in the end Coralvue were the ones contacting me to send a replacement motor housing.

I've heard the same with Kessil, that they run us around in circles for warranty.

Aqua-Digital
09-26-2017, 07:42 PM
Naturally I am not going to comment on the clients case, however if anyone needs warranty or service in Canada for Ecotech products please contact Aqua Digital Inc. We have most cases resolved in 24 hours, if its to be longer you will get daily updates and reasons why, but typically its a next day resolution (ex shipping times)

email us at sales@aqua-digital.com if you EVER need service.

Hope this helps.

Frogger
09-26-2017, 10:28 PM
I have not dealt with ecotech although I will be buying their new pump S1. Hopefully the service improves.

I had my Maxspect gyre controller conk out on me after a year. J&L replaced it without questioning it. I had my Maxspect original LED fixture over 4 years old start to go funny on me. Had purchased it direct from Maxspect Canada. Even thought the warrantee had run out several years earlier they gave me a hefty credit towards a new Razor unit purchased from local fish store.

Aqua-Digital
09-26-2017, 11:54 PM
I have not dealt with ecotech although I will be buying their new pump S1. Hopefully the service improves..

100%! J&L purchase Ecotech from us, you are in incredibly safe hands.

I can assure everyone Aqua Digital and myself personally takes a lot of pride in looking after all Ecotech clients. Just reach out to us.

Galizio
09-27-2017, 03:19 AM
100%! J&L purchase Ecotech from us, you are in incredibly safe hands.

I can assure everyone Aqua Digital and myself personally takes a lot of pride in looking after all Ecotech clients. Just reach out to us.

Agree!!!
Had to deal with them after my almost new mp40 wqd wet side was making some noises, issue was solved in 1 day after contacted ecotech support and they suggested me AD.
This time I don't know why had to deal with Reef wholesale in Ontario .
Ecotech support is been always responsive and ready to help with me, is dealing with RW that is a challenge.

Myka
09-27-2017, 02:19 PM

This guy ^^^ (Michael), super awesome to deal with. :)