PDA

View Full Version : Where to get Red Sea Salt in lower mainland?

ug.mac
09-15-2017, 04:45 AM
I remember seeing Red Sea salt for sell at King Ed but there were none when I was there a few weeks ago.

Does anyone know a place in lower mainland still carry the Red Sea Salt? Either the regular or coral pro.

gmann
09-15-2017, 05:14 AM
aquariums west?

Potatohead
09-15-2017, 05:14 AM
Only place is the shop right downtown, and sometimes Amazon.

Frogger
09-15-2017, 05:39 AM
Sometimes all you need to do is ask. Ask the store if they can get it in. I have had Jeff from J&L get me in a lot of things they do not carry just by asking. Both J&L and King Ed carry Red Sea products. So they do order from them.

Potatohead
09-15-2017, 05:49 AM
Sometimes all you need to do is ask. Ask the store if they can get it in. I have had Jeff from J&L get me in a lot of things they do not carry just by asking. Both J&L and King Ed carry Red Sea products. So they do order from them.

Pretty sure they need to bring in salt by the pallet load. I don't believe I asked JL about RedSea, but I did about Brightwell and was told they needed to buy 30+ at a time.

ug.mac
09-15-2017, 06:07 AM
Thanks guys, I will call AW tomorrow.

J&L have no issues order small items in. I had them to order a few things for me in the past but for stuff like salt I'd rather rely on a reliable supply.

hunggi74
09-16-2017, 12:40 AM
Aquariums West. And if you're using the blue type I'd buy a couple because even their supply can be spotty. Nothing like needing salt and not being able to buy it. I tried amazon (USA)one time and some of the buckets came in busted.

ug.mac
09-16-2017, 01:21 AM
Aquariums West. And if you're using the blue type I'd buy a couple because even their supply can be spotty. Nothing like needing salt and not being able to buy it. I tried amazon (USA)one time and some of the buckets came in busted.

Yeah, I'm actually considering just getting AF Reef salt after called AW on RS Coral Pro. I've never used CP salt, I just finished another bucket of Salinity and just want to try something different.