PDA

View Full Version : euroreef skimmer

mrcopitr
12-03-2004, 11:50 PM
Hi,

I got my new euroreef skimmer (cs6-2+) today. I'm getting ready to have it runnnig, but I noticed that a small tube of silicone is inculded in the box...could someone tell me what it is to be used for???

Best regards

Marco

Skimmerking
12-04-2004, 12:01 AM
the tube is for the extension part that goes on the pump there is aplacce to apply the tube to to give the pump air..

mike

mrcopitr
12-04-2004, 12:53 AM
Tks mike,

But I probably did not explain myself well, I mean a tube with liquid silicone (like a gel) in it.....it is probably to lube a part of the skimmer...but I dont know which one....

Hope someone can be of help....

tks Marco

Doug
12-04-2004, 01:45 PM
If its the same as I got with mine called Lifeguard Silicone, then its an "O" ring lubricant. I use it on the "O" rings on my reactor and beckett skimmer.

EmilyB
12-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Gee, I've had three Euro-reefs and I never got lube with it.... :cry:

Skimmerking
12-04-2004, 07:53 PM
Hey there Emily you have any smaller euro reefs still around that you are wanna part out with.

mike

EmilyB
12-04-2004, 08:00 PM
Hey there Emily you have any smaller euro reefs still around that you are wanna part out with.

mike

I don't Mike, sorry. I had one extra but someone local grabbed it before I really even thought about selling it.... :lol:

mrcopitr
12-04-2004, 09:01 PM
The new euroreef has been running for 4 hours...so far no skimmate yet...how long before i get the green mucky stuff... the bubble are reaching the bottom of the collection cup...but so far nothing entering it...

Marco

EmilyB
12-04-2004, 11:27 PM
The new euroreef has been running for 4 hours...so far no skimmate yet...how long before i get the green mucky stuff... the bubble are reaching the bottom of the collection cup...but so far nothing entering it...

Marco

It will take a couple days to break in. The interior needs to season a bit. :smile:

Doug
12-05-2004, 12:32 AM
Deb,
Jeff sent it to me, along with a cleaning brush, when I purchased a new Sedra 5000.

EmilyB
12-05-2004, 07:47 AM
Deb,
Jeff sent it to me, along with a cleaning brush, when I purchased a new Sedra 5000.

A cleaning brush too !! :eek: I just bought four new Sedras....two replacements and two new ones... :confused: You must have a lot more brownie points. :razz:

Doug
12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
He,he. :smile:

If I remember correct, he forgot to send it or something. So he sent it by some fancy courier,{expensive at his cost} and included the small gifts.

Pretty darn good customer service, if you ask me.