PDA

View Full Version : Prozio Pro in Temp FOWLR tank

Craigdillman
09-12-2017, 11:50 PM
Hey guys,

Quick background
I'm in the process of moving to a new house ( already done ) and resetting setting up my 125g , I have all my fish in a 60g long temp tank with Live rock in it and the coral in separate tanks

Question

My Christmas wrasse after all the moves was pretty stressed and sustained some bullying and had a few nips on him , and after a few day things settled down was eating but I noticed he started to get some flukes on his fin ( which i seen on him one time before in QT ) still was eating and swimming. So my plan was to just treat him by himself at the end before I re-put back all the fish into main BUT yest and today he stopped eating and today he is just hovering above the sandbox i have made them and it seems the flukes or worms have moved into where the nip damage is

So can I treat the whole tank with PraziPro , there are no corals its all FOWLR i don't plan on reusing these rocks for the main i have 100+ cooking elsewhere, all these fish ( minus the mandarin ) have had prazio pro before in the QT process ages ago, i dont want risk all the fish at the sake of him but if i can save it id like too

What do you think?

Sorry for wall of text
Thanks

Myka
09-13-2017, 01:24 AM
PraziPro is actually generally considered reef safe. Lots of people use it in tanks full of corals. I always use it in a QT, so I don't have any first hand experience treating a whole tank. If you do it though, make sure you get that 2nd dose in 5 days after the first.

Craigdillman
09-13-2017, 02:55 AM
Awesome thanks ! kinda figured just needed 1 person to convince me lol gonna start it tomorrow