PDA

View Full Version : Reasons I really hate reefing!

Brunz
09-05-2017, 12:06 AM
So as the title says.... here we go

Reason number one: Every thing I do is wrong (feels like being married... but it cost me more)

Reason number two: All of the right things I manage to do cause more problems. (see number one)

Reason Number Three: Alage... oh algae.

Reason Number Four: Where the hell DID my peppermint shrimp go?

Reason number five: Now my kids won't be able to afford college.

Reason number six: Aiptasia

Reason number Seven: Aiptasia X

Reason number eight: More aiptasia!

Reason number nine: Complete and utter confusion... you know the more I learn the less I know

Reason number ten: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

But then again, someday it will all be worth it :)

Animal-Chin
09-05-2017, 02:13 AM
Lol been there...

Delphinus
09-05-2017, 04:46 PM
> someday it will all be worth it

:lol: I tell myself this all the time.

Animal-Chin
09-05-2017, 05:10 PM
I remember with my first nano getting so excited when I saw my first aiptasia. I thought I hit the jackpot with a free anemone! lol

Moogled
09-05-2017, 05:20 PM
Agreed with #3!!!!

lemon604
09-05-2017, 05:36 PM
I remember with my first nano getting so excited when I saw my first aiptasia. I thought I hit the jackpot with a free anemone! lol

Oh my god! It was the same for me. I thought I got a freebie when I saw it.

crimper
09-05-2017, 09:55 PM

Mine was the opposite, I almost tear down my tank when I got pineapple sponges outbreak. I thought they were pests. :mrgreen:

Dearth
09-05-2017, 11:40 PM
I did the panic what is this alien worm looking creature in the tank and will it harm anything like most of us have done

Scariest thing I have found as a SW hobbyist is the empty wallet syndrome...

Brunz
09-06-2017, 12:08 AM
I am just glad I am not alone!!

as for empty wallet syndrome.... I'm in over 2000 dollars deep for a used tank and 2 clown fish LOL!!

.....let the pain continue :)

takeastabatit22
09-06-2017, 01:27 AM
Thanks for that! I was just having one of those moments. I needed a good laugh

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Myka
09-06-2017, 04:59 AM
I am just glad I am not alone!!

as for empty wallet syndrome.... I'm in over 2000 dollars deep for a used tank and 2 clown fish LOL!!

.....let the pain continue :)
I could buy a nice house with cash for the amount of money I've put into the hobby over the last 20-some years. *sigh*

Brunz
09-06-2017, 05:09 AM
I could buy a nice house with cash for the amount of money I've put into the hobby over the last 20-some years. *sigh*oh no!!

Don't tell me things like this.... or at least don't tell any members of my immediate family :)

In all seriousness however it is a wonderful hobby and I don't think I could be happier, unless of course I was successful every now and again

WarDog
09-06-2017, 06:22 AM
2 grand? That's pocket change in this hobby. Lol.

Brunz
09-06-2017, 06:39 AM
2 grand? That's pocket change in this hobby. Lol.what you say is true.....

And this is more reasons to hate reefing :) Although I am sure I covered it.

I will spend endless amounts of money if I can every actually get what I want. It's the opposite end of a drug addiction. I'm not chasing that first high, I'm building paradise!

DKoKoMan
09-06-2017, 07:08 AM
It's easier to swallow knowing you have a reef in your home and a piece of the ocean :biggrin:

Cujo#31
09-07-2017, 01:45 AM
2 grand? That's pocket change in this hobby. Lol.

Amen to that one Warren. I have come to the startling reality that anyone that is serious about the hobby has to come to terms with the fact that at some point (very early on) this is not a hobby, it's a bad investment, one that has fleeting moments of fist pumps and endless hours of beating our heads against the wall. Welcome to reefing. If it was easy everyone would do it. And if everyone is doing it I'm not interested. Chin up it does get better.....marginally.

Brunz
09-07-2017, 02:03 AM
Lol!!

Sometimes the truth realy does hurt.

takeastabatit22
09-07-2017, 03:11 AM
But on the out her hand this is them only thing I've found that stops me from thinking of work . I can sit and play and pull my hair but I've finally found something that distracts me and gives me time to get centered every day.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk