PDA

View Full Version : LF SAND asap

fadecase
08-18-2017, 05:00 PM
sorry if i made a similar post like this earlier , i decided to go with 110g instead of a 27 bio cube , so i been working on the stand sump and piping these past few weeks . I am ready for fill and sand but really hate spending store prices on sand when people are usually selling it for peanuts so let me know what you have im not picky white sand please thanks !!

tang daddy
08-18-2017, 05:29 PM
IMO buying used sand and rinsing it because of all the dead matter is not worth the time, been there done that. You're just starting yourself off for failure.
Not sure if you realize that once the dead sand sits it is very toxic. I just dumped a whole bucket out and it was putrid. Even if it was free you have to rinse but by bit.
Huge chore and waste of time to save pennies...new sand needs to be rinsed aswell but not that bad as used sand.

Good luck to you bro but if the used sand leeches all kinds of death you will be spending lots on salt for waterchanges and messing up your tank from the get go!

fadecase
08-18-2017, 06:28 PM
thanks man , yea i thought cleaning it was worth the time cause i rinsed the new bags too , but ill take your advice and buy new thanks again