PDA

View Full Version : Ventilation in Reef Room

One_Divided
08-03-2017, 06:56 PM
Hey guys, any advice on best way to air exchange my garage where all my tanks are?. It's too hot and muggy in the summer and the humidity is a major issue in the winter.

I have used a dehumidifier in the winter (which works well), but it can only be run at night, generates quite a bit of heat and uses a lot of power.

The other thing I looked into was HRV, which might be good in the winter, but apparently they do not cool for the summer, just bring in new outside air and retain temp.

I have a couple fans pulling air in and out, but they are just small 4" fans. When the garage door is left open a couple feet, it helps a lot in the summer.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

gregzz4
08-04-2017, 04:28 AM
I'd look into a proper fan ... maybe around 10-15" and 120VAC, and some appropriate intake ventillation to accomodate the rated airflow of the fan, plus about 20-30%.
Something such as below. You could use a timer or whatever. And the intake louvers will keep cold air out in the winter if you get active ones, plus louvers on the intake side.
Keep in mind the louvers need to be sized correctly and purchased separately :biggrin:

https://continentalfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Wall_Panel_Mount_Exhaust_Fans_PEF.jpg