PDA

View Full Version : Red diablo and rainbow loom advice

adam84
08-01-2017, 07:33 PM
Looking for someone with experience with these two acros, my diablo is slowly turning yellow with red polyps is this from too high of lighting, having a similar situation with the rainbow loom, it is a solid yellowish green, just curious if this is a light intensity issue.

ReefMadness
08-04-2017, 01:39 PM
Looking for someone with experience with these two acros, my diablo is slowly turning yellow with red polyps is this from too high of lighting, having a similar situation with the rainbow loom, it is a solid yellowish green, just curious if this is a light intensity issue.
i guess it's possible that a lighting issue could be causing your color issues but in my experience the secret keeping acropora colored up is finding a nutrient & lighting balance.
to get the nitrate levels i want i test water often and dose potassium nitrate. my phosphate thus far has been easily controlled by my feeding schedule via auto feeder.

adam84
08-04-2017, 04:47 PM
I have been doing the same with great results, I am dosing calcium nitrate though. I have noticed that some acros show different colors depending on lighting level and curious if this is the case with these two, and if so what color changes I could expect to see if I lower the lighting.