PDA

View Full Version : LF: Aiptasia Eating Nudibranch

DeepBlue2011
07-26-2017, 01:16 AM
Please help!

I got a lot of this pest growing on my rocks.

I was able to separate infected rocks from the main display tank into another tank.

If anyone has one to sell please PM me asap!

Thanks!

Northern Reefer
07-26-2017, 10:49 AM
one will do nothing.... if it survives! One for every 10 gallons required and heads up.... if you have a wrasse they will only be food.

vanreefer
07-27-2017, 03:14 AM
one will do nothing.... if it survives! One for every 10 gallons required and heads up.... if you have a wrasse they will only be food.

+1... When I was breeding them I would recommend a minimum of 3 as they need to meet and breed to achieve sufficient numbers as their lifespan is relatively short.

Wheelman76
07-27-2017, 03:51 AM
Agree for sure on needing more than one , however 1 per 10 gallons is a little extreme I would say. I've used 5 on a 100g system a couple times with success. Have you witnessed a wrasse eat one before ? I've used them before with a tank full of wrasse , and I've seen the wrasse put one in his mouth , but quickly spit it out. From what I've read they taste horrible because all they eat are aptasia , not sure who figured out they taste bad though ? Lol

DeepBlue2011
07-27-2017, 04:09 AM
Thanks for all the input.

I'll definitely need 3 at least.

I have all the Live Rocks which are infected with Aiptasia in a tank by itself.

Anyone know where I can get some in the GVRD?

I've tried everything to get rid of them and the only successful way is to burn them but that will take a life time because they keep popping up.

Wheelman76
07-27-2017, 04:42 AM
Thanks for all the input.

I'll definitely need 3 at least.

I have all the Live Rocks which are infected with Aiptasia in a tank by itself.

Anyone know where I can get some in the GVRD?

I've tried everything to get rid of them and the only successful way is to burn them but that will take a life time because they keep popping up.

JL aquatics is selling them now.

F.H
07-27-2017, 05:06 AM
Keep in mind, even the berghia won't get ALL of them.

They'll eventually make a comeback, *most* of the time, unless you just have a few small rocks in a small aquarium with no plumbing.

They work great, and I use them once a year or so, they get rid of all aptasia but after 4-5 months I start seeing babies, and the babies mature, and it's a never ending cycle lol.

tang daddy
07-27-2017, 08:12 PM
Does molly millers eat aptaisia with success?

I think Jl is selling some shrimp that eat aptaisia but you need an army.

Thinking of picking up 10 peppermints....