PDA

View Full Version : Stephanes AeroFoamer 830 Clone from Reef Solution

RobinL
12-01-2004, 11:27 PM
This is some info for AeroFoamer 830 Clone users,In the past I used a Mak 4 on my AeroFoamer it worked well had to keep the water level about 2" below the collection cup I was never really satisfied with the flow/swirling of the unit,dont get me wrong it worked well... but there just wasn`t a whole lot of major swirling going on.
After reading recomendations from Reef Concepts (Original makers of Areofoamer) they mentioned minimum flow is 1100 gph making my MAK 4 on the minimum requirements and the Iwaki 55 or 70RLT being the best.
Yesterday I picked up a MAK5 (Iwaki 70RLT equivalent) had to lower the water level to 1" below the main chamber which is the recomendations from Reef Concepts and BIG DIFFERENCE in the air and foam density.

The skimmer is definetly producing finer milk like bubbles which I dindt have before. The skimate after 24 hrs is really dark brown.

If you are buying one of these skimmers be it Original or Clone use the larger recommended pump.

Aquattro
12-01-2004, 11:54 PM
Robin, agreed. I have a skimmer similar to the ones Stephane builds and I runa MAK 4 on it. I put an Iwaki 70RLT on it, and there was a huge difference. Problem for me is the Iwaki is 10x louder than the MAK 4, and it's in my livingroom.

RobinL
12-02-2004, 12:04 AM
Hi Reef_raf,

Yes I am fortunate I have a filtration room,but it is louder than my mak.