PDA

View Full Version : New salt box

patpare
07-08-2017, 06:44 PM
i just received my box of Aquaforest reef salt and noticed that their is no test results that usually comes with the salt! Did they stop doing this or was this just missed?

I did some new water testing
Alk 7.883 using Hanna
Calcium 452 using Hanna
Mag 12oo mg/l using Nyos test kit.
The mag seem a bit low.

vanreefer
07-08-2017, 09:18 PM
i just received my box of Aquaforest reef salt and noticed that their is no test results that usually comes with the salt! Did they stop doing this or was this just missed?

I did some new water testing
Alk 7.883 using Hanna
Calcium 452 using Hanna
Mag 12oo mg/l using Nyos test kit.
The mag seem a bit low.

The QC checks are only in the pails of salt. Not sur why tho

patpare
07-09-2017, 02:31 AM
Is it normal for the mag to be low with this salt?

Myka
07-10-2017, 01:46 AM
Not sure how accurate Nyos is. Have you ever done Triton test for comparison? I've found Mg test kits' accuracy is mostly terrible. Salifert is consistently 100+ ppm more than actual Mg. :lol: Red Sea Pro I've found to be bang on, but lots of people get wild high readings using that kit (no idea wth they are doing, but it's very common).

patpare
07-10-2017, 11:36 PM
I will have to try the Red Sea test kits.
Colby has them right?

604reefer
07-11-2017, 03:19 AM
Not sure how accurate Nyos is. Have you ever done Triton test for comparison? I've found Mg test kits' accuracy is mostly terrible. Salifert is consistently 100+ ppm more than actual Mg. :lol: Red Sea Pro I've found to be bang on, but lots of people get wild high readings using that kit (no idea wth they are doing, but it's very common).

My red sea kit consistently shows 2000 ppm Mg, :tsk::tsk: