PDA

View Full Version : Frag tank plumbing.

Reefrandybar94
07-04-2017, 05:42 PM
Okay so I currently have an all in one shallow lagoon. I want to add an all in one fragtank onto this system. My question is, is can I have the return pump from said display, pump water from the return section of my display to the locline of the frag tank and have the water go right into the display section of the frag tank. Then have the water of my frag tank go over the overflow through the chambers and back to the return chamber on the frag tank where the return pump will sit pushing the water from the frag tank back to locline on display section? The real question is will my water level adjust and sit properly?
Thanks in advance, see attached crappy drawing on an a&w napkin lol

WarDog
07-04-2017, 07:58 PM
No.

You will never be able to have each pump match the other perfectly and you will eventually end up with water overflowing one tank.

Dearth
07-04-2017, 08:48 PM
No.

You will never be able to have each pump match the other perfectly and you will eventually end up with water overflowing one tank.

+1

Reefrandybar94
07-04-2017, 09:18 PM
Wardog, do you have any ideas of why I could do? Don't want to have to run a sump and I would like to connect my system to the frag tank.

WarDog
07-05-2017, 12:12 AM
You need to have one tank higher than the other. You would need to drill this higher tank so it can drain into the lower tank, preferably with a herbie or bean animal (but a durso will do the trick also). The return pump in the lower tank would then feed the higher tank. Only one pump.

A sump doesnt need to be below the display, just lower than it. My current build has the sump next to the display and approximately 12 inches lower.

Reefrandybar94
07-05-2017, 12:29 AM
Thank so for the reply! Will keep posted on what I decide!
Thanks again!
Thread can be deleted