PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium stores in Calgary?

Animal-Chin
06-22-2017, 05:35 PM
Are there any stores left in Calgary that are still open? I see a list on the alberta forum but all their websites are gone.

Where are the best saltwater stores in Calgary, gonna be there in July.

Thanks.

Skimmer Juice
06-22-2017, 09:16 PM
Wai's (best right now )
concepts ( good for sps)
Oceans (hit or miss , ussually has good fish selection)
Golds ( good for fish , corals are pretty generic)
Pisces ( hit or miss )
thats whats left really

Craigdillman
06-22-2017, 10:55 PM
That should be stickied

Myka
06-23-2017, 03:20 AM
That should be stickied
Done.

Craigdillman
06-23-2017, 03:26 AM
Nice work yeah then we can update it if another store opens or if one closes or anything

:-----)

Animal-Chin
06-23-2017, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info!

Chaner888
06-28-2017, 11:42 PM
Daniel at Wai's Aquarium Hands Down.

Really take the time to explain and help you out. Im still pretty new to the hobby and he has always helped me out.

If you are buying new equipment I would see Daniel first. He was able to beat ReefSupplies.ca

I rather support local establishments.

Animal-Chin
09-26-2017, 07:48 PM
Anyone know whats at the Aquatic Depot and Vivarium, turns out its just down the street from where I'm working this week. Worth a visit?

Delphinus
09-26-2017, 10:40 PM
I've never heard of it so I googled it. Doesn't seem to have a website, which seems odd to me. The location on maps and the phone number lead me to believe it is the old Riverfront Aquariums storefront. Maybe a new store being worked on that took over their space?

Skimmer Juice
09-27-2017, 06:33 AM
I've never heard of it so I googled it. Doesn't seem to have a website, which seems odd to me. The location on maps and the phone number lead me to believe it is the old Riverfront Aquariums storefront. Maybe a new store being worked on that took over their space?
its definitely the same location as the old riverfront , I will stop by this weekend see if its any better

Animal-Chin
09-28-2017, 02:57 AM
Ok went to Waiís today and itís incredible! His coral selection destroys any store in BC! Wish he did online and shipping...

albert_dao
09-28-2017, 05:39 PM
Ok went to Waiís today and itís incredible! His coral selection destroys any store in BC! Wish he did online and shipping...

Danny has one of the best stores I've been to in North America.

Animal-Chin
09-28-2017, 08:47 PM
I was litterally blown away. I could have bought 50 coral there that I've never seen in BC stores. Zoas I've never seen, every tank had a few chalices, sps everywhere. LPS that were just nuts, big brain coral and acans.

I tried to convince him to start going online for sales as he says business is pretty slow. With his selection and prices, he could be selling more online than at the shop but I think he's concerned about the extra work as he already puts in 16 hour days there.

albert_dao
09-28-2017, 09:03 PM
I was litterally blown away. I could have bought 50 coral there that I've never seen in BC stores. Zoas I've never seen, every tank had a few chalices, sps everywhere. LPS that were just nuts, big brain coral and acans.

I tried to convince him to start going online for sales as he says business is pretty slow. With his selection and prices, he could be selling more online than at the shop but I think he's concerned about the extra work as he already puts in 16 hour days there.

Yah that's not even on a good day. The guy's store is pretty much always amazing.

Tigweldpro
09-29-2017, 08:02 AM
+1 for Wai's He always has new stuff and most is very good quality. He can also special order almost anything you want. He does lack macro algae tho, he says he has trouble finding a source.

Animal-Chin Did you have time to go see the frag/flatworm breeding tank at Pisces? :faint:

DKoKoMan
09-29-2017, 08:57 AM
I will have to check out wai’s next time I drive down to Calgary. Sounds like fun!