PDA

View Full Version : Surface Skimmer?

RobbAdams
11-30-2004, 02:48 PM
I am looking for opinions if this would work. I am running a CPR BakPak2 Skimmer on my 28 gallon bowfront, and was looking to get a "box" built that would hang on the back of the tank, that the skimmer intake/powerhead would be inside of. The "box" would have the "Teeth" cut into the top to hopefully aid in surface protien removal. Whav I am essentially thinking is something shaped like those beta breeder boxes that hang inside the tank on the lip, only smaller and black acrylic. Not only would this hopefully keep the surface a little cleaner, it would hide my skimmer intake, which I kind of find an eyesore.

Robb

Jack
11-30-2004, 05:02 PM
Yes it will work. It's a great mod.

DiscusZ
12-02-2004, 01:11 AM
Thats how my Remora Pro works.. There is a skimmer box (pump side) and a return side to help eliminate microbubbles) The only thing about it is I have alot of Evap ( I top up every day or every other day) I have not had the nerve to do a auto-topup as the tank is on my main floor, and no water source near.

One day I will attempt it. So when the water lowers the box does not.. What would be nice if someone came up with an idea where the box floated with the water level, yet the teeth of the box were below the surface all the time...

Anyone have a Spare Remora Pro Skimmer box they want to get rid of CHEAP >:)