PDA

View Full Version : Need 1 gallon water from stablished aquarium and a cup of sand

arash53
05-25-2017, 02:48 AM
Hi everyone,

Trying to speed up the cycling process, I need 1 gallon water from stablished aquarium and a cup of sand from same tank, please let me know if you could help.

Thanks
Arash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duncangweller
05-25-2017, 03:00 AM
Not particularly helpful, I'll accept that.... but the best thing you can learn right from the start is that nothing happens fast in reefing (other than a complete wipe out!). You might as well just wait it out.

I don't think that'll really speed things along much.

Myka
05-25-2017, 03:09 AM
The water won't do you any good, but the sand will. There are plenty of bacteria products on the market that are very effective. Prodibio Startup is my go to.

AquaAddict
05-25-2017, 03:18 AM
I have lots of extra sand. I can give a lot more than a cupful if you are willing to cross Lionsgate Bridge into North Van. I live near the bridge.

AquaAddict

arash53
05-25-2017, 03:43 AM
Not particularly helpful, I'll accept that.... but the best thing you can learn right from the start is that nothing happens fast in reefing (other than a complete wipe out!). You might as well just wait it out.

I don't think that'll really speed things along much.
I'm doing fishless cycling and also need some sort of pod population to start, sand will help a lot for startup bacteria and pod colony.

I'm not really a beginner to this hobby I know the key to success is being patient lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

arash53
05-25-2017, 03:44 AM
I have lots of extra sand. I can give a lot more than a cupful if you are willing to cross Lionsgate Bridge into North Van. I live near the bridge.

AquaAddict
Thanks that would be awesome, I can drop by Friday afternoon

arash53
05-25-2017, 03:46 AM
The water won't do you any good, but the sand will. There are plenty of bacteria products on the market that are very effective. Prodibio Startup is my go to.
Where do you get the Prodibio? J&l?

Myka
06-02-2017, 02:47 AM
Where do you get the Prodibio? J&l?

Maybe. Check their website. Try Reef Supplies too.

Coral Hoarder
06-02-2017, 06:18 PM
Brightwell microbacter

Animal-Chin
06-02-2017, 07:56 PM
I'd never take water and sand from anothers tank, who knows what you're getting. You could bring ich or any other parasite into your new tank. Setting it up all new will ensure you're starting problem free....ish....lol