PDA

View Full Version : Scam Alert

xerxes300
05-19-2017, 03:25 AM
a non Canreef member texted me to buy my $200 pump - but then send me a check for $2000, and said to hand over the pump and extra money to a 3rd party "a freight company".

he wud not use paypal or EMT, just certified check. upon inspecting the check it had 2 odd corporate names, 2 signatures, and "void after 90 days". accompanied by a very generic letter saying "text this number to verify funds are available"

my TD Bank teller said his check is not certified, and looks fraudulent. he pulled a similar fraudulent check out from his drawer, and pointed out some features that didnt look right.

so i then asked this buyer "Ahmed Lee Doyle" for photo ID, and he instead emailed a pic of a drivers licence of his "coworker"

he claimed to live in Oakville ON, but his phone number was from Los Angeles - 1 (213) 394-5413

if anyone wants to see his scam check, letter, email address or license, i can send u a pic.

Galizio
05-19-2017, 04:01 AM
Sounds like one of those scams on Craigslist , happen all the time... just be careful ... good thing you catch up before too late ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bblinks
05-19-2017, 06:43 AM
What day and age are we in people still uses cheques. Thanks for the heads up, friken douchebags.

acepumping
05-19-2017, 06:53 AM
let's burn him!!!

btw.. make up a name that makes sense lol
ahmed lee Doyle? haha guy is a douche and a half

xerxes300
05-19-2017, 08:32 AM
nah, just dont get burned by this con artist- let the Police Fraud Division burn him/her.

if id recieved a valid photo ID i was gona file a report, then ask the police if i shud setup a meeting with him/his accomplice, but he got ****ey then silent when i started requesting the correct photo ID, and why ther was a mismatching tele# and location.

hopefully he/she sees this post, and knows that his gig is up here on Canreef

when TD Bank verifies its a fradulent check, ill file a report, and let the Fraud Division pursue it.

dawen
05-20-2017, 02:01 PM
Flag is already raised when they sent you a $2000 cheque for a $200 pump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xerxes300
05-20-2017, 07:39 PM
yup, i told him hed sent $1800 too much, and when he said give the extra cash to a 3rd party, i thought there is something wrong here.

Potatohead
05-20-2017, 10:07 PM
This is an extremely old and common scam, good you for for picking up on it. :thumb:

Grimreaperz
05-21-2017, 01:16 AM
Very common scam.....mostly associated WITH Craigslist....had someone try this on me when selling furniture lol....good on you for knowing better!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Myka
05-21-2017, 02:02 PM
Not sure how anyone would fall for this scam in this day and age. Even 20 years ago it would seem very odd. :lol:

fire&sputum
05-21-2017, 04:09 PM
WARNING !!!!!

If a man comes to your front door and says he is conducting a survey and he asks you to show him your boobs,

DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR BOOBS.

This is a scam and he is only trying to SEE YOUR boobs.

"I wish someone had told me this before. (God, I feel so stupid and cheap now.)"

catgoldfish
05-21-2017, 07:46 PM
WARNING !!!!!

If a man comes to your front door and says he is conducting a survey and he asks you to show him your boobs,

DO NOT SHOW HIM YOUR BOOBS.

This is a scam and he is only trying to SEE YOUR boobs.

"I wish someone had told me this before. (God, I feel so stupid and cheap now.)"

Too bad I didn't read this earlier. I already showed him my boobs. At least I put a smile on his face.

Grimreaperz
05-21-2017, 10:34 PM
You two must be aesthetically pleasing.....he ran in horror after seeing mine