PDA

View Full Version : 125 Gallon Reef / 32 Gallon Frag / Fish Room

st0rmtr000pa
05-10-2017, 02:11 AM
So I have decided to move and dedicate a whole bedroom to a fish room.

The two tanks that are going to be in the room are a (125 Gallon - 60x24x20),
(32 Gallon - 30x24x10) that will be built by Concept.

Further down the road I would like to add a breeding rack if room permits.

This is my first tank journal and I'm still learning lots about this hobby. I would appreciate everyone's input
and suggestions as well.

st0rmtr000pa
05-10-2017, 02:38 AM
So here is a couple of photos of the tanks that are going to be built.
They were originally going to go on the same stand but I have changed my mind and are going to have separate stands.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/Liquitech1/20170509_1923501_zpsl532jiu4.jpg

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/Liquitech1/20170509_1924041_zpsvfn0y2vi.jpg

This is a picture of the soon to be fishroom and the green tape shows where
the tanks will be placed.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/Liquitech1/20170508_2040181_zpsjhoxohgu.jpg

Here is where the water mixing closet will be and look like. Im adding one more Brute garbage can to the right side.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/Liquitech1/20170509_1931031_zpsixeste04.jpg

patpare
05-10-2017, 03:28 AM
:faint:carpet in a fish room?

st0rmtr000pa
05-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Yah I was thinking of laying down down some plastic and putting down some rubber interlocking tiles or something. If not its not the end of the world.

JamRobo
05-10-2017, 04:42 AM
Wow will be quite the set up when u get it going. Do you plan on plumbing the tanks together or running separate filtration?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

tang daddy
05-10-2017, 01:18 PM
Does the same colour carpet run the length of that floor? I am not a big fan of that colour but yes they do sell those plastic carpet overlay for construction with adhesion on one side, I think movers may use that too...mind you it works better on low turf carpets like the ones in the office but should be ok for this application. I am not too sure if you're a careful guy with tanks or clumsy like me, every tank I've owned has had spills some big some small, ato bins have overflowed one too many times, I should already invest in a float valve. Anyhow everything else looks like you're off to a good start. I didn't see any windows, will you be adding a dehumidifier or something as it could get very moist having that much water in one room.

Are the two tanks going to have independent sumps?

st0rmtr000pa
05-10-2017, 04:34 PM
Wow will be quite the set up when u get it going. Do you plan on plumbing the tanks together or running separate filtration?

I plan on having separate filtration.

Does the same colour carpet run the length of that floor? I am not a big fan of that colour but yes they do sell those plastic carpet overlay for construction with adhesion on one side, I think movers may use that too...mind you it works better on low turf carpets like the ones in the office but should be ok for this application. I am not too sure if you're a careful guy with tanks or clumsy like me, every tank I've owned has had spills some big some small, ato bins have overflowed one too many times, I should already invest in a float valve. Anyhow everything else looks like you're off to a good start. I didn't see any windows, will you be adding a dehumidifier or something as it could get very moist having that much water in one room.

Are the two tanks going to have independent sumps?

Yes the same color carpet runs the length of the floor. It's actually all white.
In the picture it looks pink. I'm going to look into the carpet overlay. I've
had my clumsy moments too lol. I'm a bit worried that's why I was thinking
of plastic then plastic tile on top. I will have float valves installed in the
garbage cans for safety as I have done the same thing as you in the past
lol. There is a window there thankfully. I like to run a pump from the tank to
the window for water changes. It makes it a lot easier in my opinion.
Yes the two tanks will have independent sumps.

st0rmtr000pa
06-04-2017, 05:34 PM
So a little update. Upon further thought I decided to take the carpet out and
paint the concrete floor. I think this will be a lot better when it comes to spills
and what not. I painted the walls a much darker color as well to accent the tanks.
I also got a call from Concept yesterday and my tanks will befinished next week!
I'm pretty excited. Now I have to start deciding on what equipment I want to install
with both systems. I will be setting up the frag
system first as I want to start growing frags for the larger system as I am
building it. First I am thinking about getting the new Icecap sumps for my
systems as they have a built in refugium. Anyone have any suggestions with
good acrylic sump builders?

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg548/Liquitech1/20170604_1027051_zpsgii1polh.jpg

patpare
06-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Why don't you try building your sump yourself? If you like doing stuff like that!
It really isn't that hard.

kyl
06-04-2017, 07:13 PM
Were you going separate sumps for each tank, or all plumbed together? And good on removing that carpet, once you get fish stink in the fiber it will never come out..

* whops, just re-read they're independent sumps.