PDA

View Full Version : For those with harlequin Tuskfish...

Myka
04-09-2017, 01:52 PM
...which clean up crew members have you been able to keep with them? I have two clients that bought them for their tanks (I was horrified lol), and they are such a pain in the butt. They are worse for eating clean up crew than Triggers or Puffers. Here's my list:

GOOD

Long Spine Urchin
Ring Cowries

BAD (eats them)

Sand sifting gobies (even BIG ones, added at night, don't last a day)
Snails - Trochus, Turbo, Astraea
Tuxedo Urchin

Has anyone tried keeping Tiger Tail Cucumber with Tuskfish or Sand Sifting Seastar??

maron6977
04-09-2017, 02:12 PM
I have large snails, think strawberry (looks like ice cream cones) , with mine .
Also pin cushion urchins & bi-color blenny. So far no issues, had my tusk for 6 months now . I try & feed quite a bit

Myka
04-09-2017, 03:16 PM
I have large snails, think strawberry (looks like ice cream cones) , with mine .
Also pin cushion urchins & bi-color blenny. So far no issues, had my tusk for 6 months now . I try & feed quite a bit

Thanks for your input. How big is your Tuskfish? I don't think Strawberry Top Hat Snails or Blenny would be safe with these two Tuskfish. Maybe the venom of the Blenny would save him - if he had a chance to fight. :eek:

maron6977
04-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Mine is approx 4" . Probably still quite young

Myka
04-09-2017, 04:58 PM
Mine is approx 4" . Probably still quite young

Ok, yeah still small. "My" two are about 6".

Myka
04-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Anyone else?

freezetyle
04-13-2017, 01:54 AM
I guess I got lucky with mine, I got him around 3.5" and grew about an inch before he moved on, never touched any of my inverts. He was housed with turbo snails, nassarius snails, and some trochus snails. I never had any hermits in that tank.

The two small court jester gobies I bought to try and breed didn't fair as well. the tusk ate one and my hawk fish took the other one.