PDA

View Full Version : tank mates

digitalsteve
11-27-2004, 08:52 AM
hey guys , what would you suggest could live peacefully with my (percs) clowns? tank is under 15 gallonsbut i want to spice it up a little , anyone got any suggestions... going shopping 2morrow!!

albert_dao
11-27-2004, 09:01 AM
Yellow Watchman Goby!

Starki Damsel!

Firefish!

Possum Wrasse!

Some kind of fairy wrasse.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
11-27-2004, 09:03 AM
Purple fire gobies or citron clown goby (although some eat acro polyps - ask Chin :cry: )

Something small & not too zippy & occupy different ecological niche in your tank.

I had a small cherub angel in my 20g.

Cleaner shrimp are kind of fun to keep (if you have two, you'll have a monthly supply of zooplankton).

Anyone else?

dirtyreefer
11-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Powder blue tang, titan triggerfish, emperor angel, batfish

Just kiddin :lol:

corper
11-28-2004, 12:07 AM
Go for the Yellow Watchman. Great fish for a tank that size. Lots of color and they seem to stay out in the open for the most part.

Chin_Lee
11-28-2004, 02:13 AM
luckily i got all mine out. Jesse (Props) hasn't been as lucky. his acros are taking a beating. i went over to his place for about 20 minutes and his brown clown goby was munching away at his milli polyps :rolleyes: :evil: :2gunfire:

danny zubot
11-29-2004, 03:55 PM
Seahorse_fanatic said, Cleaner shrimp are kind of fun to keep (if you have two, you'll have a monthly supply of zooplankton).

You'll have to excuse my ignorance but can you explain why? :redface:

Delphinus
11-29-2004, 04:12 PM
A pair (or group) will fairly readily spawn for you. Also since they're simultaneous hermaphrodites (or whatever the term is), you don't need to worry about having a male and a female; all you need is "more than one".

danny zubot
11-29-2004, 04:35 PM
Cool, are there othere shrimp like this.....tell you what, why don't you just point me to a thread somewhere. :biggrin: