PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay for this wrasse

Dearth
03-10-2017, 04:56 AM
This is from R2R forums this is a beautiful wrasse sold in Singapore for $2600 USD would you pay that amount for it

http://www.reef2reef.com/threads/wow-what-a-wrasse-stunner.294279/?utm_source=newsletter_1&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=March_09_2017

Moogled
03-10-2017, 05:02 AM
It's beautiful but I couldn't justify $2600USD for it lol. Maybe for some more affluent hobbyists they would not bat an eye.

Turn this thread into a poll!

Myka
03-10-2017, 12:11 PM
This is from R2R forums this is a beautiful wrasse sold in Singapore for $2600 USD would you pay that amount for it

It's all relative. I know people that have spent thousands and thousands on corals, and buy inexpensive fish. I know people that have spent thousands and thousands on fish, and buy inexpensive corals. Everyone has their "thing". Would I pay that much for that fish? You bet!!!! Could I pay that much for that fish? Uh no... :lol:

corpusse
03-10-2017, 03:15 PM
Would I pay that much for that fish? You bet!!!! Could I pay that much for that fish? Uh no... :lol:

Would if I could. I would say this is perhaps the nicest looking wrasse I have ever seen. I used to have some of the less common but not crazy expensive, Flame, Labouti, Lineatus, Rosy ect.

10 years ago those were a lot less common but also cheaper. They were all under $300 cnd when I got them and at the time they were the most expensive wrasses you'd see available.

ReefMadness
03-10-2017, 05:21 PM
It's all relative. I know people that have spent thousands and thousands on corals, and buy inexpensive fish. I know people that have spent thousands and thousands on fish, and buy inexpensive corals. Everyone has their "thing". Would I pay that much for that fish? You bet!!!! Could I pay that much for that fish? Uh no... :lol:
very similar to my views on this as well.
one of the best qualities of this hobby is the variety available to us. i personally am passionate about zoas and acropora, the next person might only keep lps and the next might be a fowlr system yet all have beautiful tanks.
that wrasse is very striking but i personally also find my mystery wrasse a pleasure to look at and it's not even worth 10% of the fish in question.
the fishkeepers theory of relativity :)