PDA

View Full Version : how do I capture my fish??

fentochris
11-25-2004, 11:22 PM
Hey there, I am having a bit of a problem trying to capture a fish I no longer want in my tank. It is a sailfin dottyback thats about 5 inches long. It hides in the rock so it is hard to get at. I recently tried the old line and hook method with a feeder but failed as well... If anyone has any suggestions please help. thanks

AJ_77
11-26-2004, 04:31 AM
Does it hide always in the same rock? Take that one out and bingo.

Corey
11-26-2004, 05:10 AM
About a month ago, I was trying to catch three damsels, I tried everything, hook and line, I cut a 2L Coke bottle at the mouth, and aquarter way down the bottle, turned that piece backwards in the bottle, attatched string to it so I could pull it out fast, and baited it, I caught two of them that way, but the third would have nothing to do with it. So after having bought a string of red LED christmas lights for the house I thought Id see what my tank looks like at night, I turned off all the lights except for the LEDs. Sure enough there was that little #$&*er. I picked up my net slower put it in the tank and without him even knowing I nabbed him.Moral of the story: I HATE DAMSELS!